SAIC is looking for an Engineering Tech V in Crane, IN to support the US Navy in the Small Arms Test Cell and Range Operations.
The Engineering Technician V performs non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity, using operational precedents that are not fully applicable, such assignments that are typically parts of broader assignments, are screened to eliminate unusual design problems. This position may be assisted by lower level technicians and have frequent contact with professionals and others within the test cell. Extensive knowledge of test cell room practice. Possess knowledge of basic weapon system function to assist in continued maintenance, testing and firing of weapons.
- Knowledge of government to contractor liaison and the ability to manage the overall picture of shop workload within not only the production floor, but also the machine shop and test ranges.
- Knowledge of Small Arms parts supply and the associated weapons listed within the scope of the TO which those parts belong.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and oversee the training and quality of subordinate personnel.
- Ability to review weapon maintenance requirement documentation and provide information for validation/verification and updates or experiments and redesigns as necessary and recording and evaluating data and reports findings.
- Consult with government officials in all facets concerning the indoor/outdoor range, ammunition coordination
- Perform government to contractor liaison duties and manage the overall picture of test ranges; specifically the SWAF. Responsible for the scheduling and coordination of weapons testing, v/v and coordination vendor days for weapons testing. Responsible for maintaining equipment log and repair and maintenance requirements related to the test equipment at the SWAF. Responsible for performing Ammo Acceptance testing in accordance with industry standard procedures and SOPs developed by the government for the operation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and 10+ years of experience in the area of small arms maintenance, repair and overhaul.
- The resource should also possess 7+ years of experience in testing of weapon systems.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Knowledge of Military and/or NSWC Crane operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Have proper PPE for this position
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain an Explosive Certification.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.