SAIC is looking for a highly qualified and self-motivated senior Network Engineer to support the US Space Force (USSF) Space Systems Command, Innovation and Prototyping Directorate. This individual will be responsible for the deployment, monitoring, and support of network infrastructure (IP based telephones, Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs) and virtual server environments (servers, storage area networks, and VMware) and should be able to troubleshoot, install, implement and administer network systems. This individual will ensure planned testing activities are executed, develop network security guidelines and configure Compunetix and Cisco IOS equipment including routers, switches and firewalls. This individual will work on a team comprised of fellow network engineers, systems administrators, software developers and software testers who utilize lifecycle management frameworks to complete new IT projects and maintain existing infrastructure.
Primary duties may include:
- Installation, configuration, and removal of switches, routers, firewalls, Compunetix MVP bridges and telephones in operational and test lab environments
- Apply knowledge of enterprise system monitoring and management tools (Solar Winds, WireShark, etc.) to analyze network activity and problems
- Use and incorporate broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas within the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies, computing systems hardware and software protocols
- Provide the customer technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of network solutions using advanced understanding of network theory and maintaining specific enterprise network architecture
- Establish overall strategic network standards and priorities to maintain the network baseline; recommend network design changes/enhancements; and analyze the optimization of network systems performance
- Provide high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources through which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs.
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree in science and technology related discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Systems Engineering, and Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university and 5 years or more relevant experience; or a Master’s degree in science and technology related discipline and 3 years or more experience. May substitute 9 years or more relevant experience for a degree.
- Must possess DoD 8570 baseline certification
- Strong background in Microsoft Office tools and Visio
- Record of success in contributing to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make key recommendations
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management, configuration control
- Seasoned communicator with demonstrated record of success in leadership, followership, and working with contract representatives and government sponsors.
- Ability to provide high-level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
- Experience in IP-based telephony and Compunetix telephone systems
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.