SAIC is seeking a Capture Management Specialist to focus on Navy and Marine Corps opportunities within SAIC’s Naval Business Unit (NBU) located in the DC/NoVA (Reston, VA) area.
NOTE: This is a remote position with 10% travel to customer site/meetings
The candidate is responsible for assisting with developing capture plans, formulating winning capture strategies, and obtain and manage the resources necessary to prosecute capture plans. This position supports the development of gap analyses, competitive assessments, discriminators, key win themes, price to win, and overall win strategy/value proposition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every capture manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
- Gathers, assesses, and help validate customer requirements working closely with Program Managers -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats – assists with Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
- Assists with win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
- Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
- Part of a team that conducts and participates in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
- Ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
- BS degree and 3+ years of Defense/Navy Industry experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience utilizing Navy MAC IDIQ’s.
- Understanding of growth (capture management and business development) or related business experience in the DoD with focus on Navy and Marine Corps programs.
- Experience on a team winning a variety of technical programs, including pre-proposal and working on industry proposal teams and serving on review teams.
- Strategic thinking and decision making skills, to maximize probability of win and define competitive positioning, win strategy, themes and discriminators.
- Good oral and written communication skills with all levels of company and customer management.
- Knowledge of working on matrix task team comprised of personnel who are highly educated and skilled, yet not direct reports.
- Ability to gain internal support and to operate independently without supervision.
- Ability to establish working relationships with customers, other companies, technical staff, managers and peers.
- Knowledge of how to effectively and efficiently use of capture and proposal resources.
- Demonstrable understanding of all contract types.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.