SAIC is looking for a ZUMWALT Navy Destroyer Senior Systems Engineer to support our team in Washington, D.C.
- Provide PEO IWS 9.0 Headquarters support for enterprise DDG 1000 TSCE/Integrated Combat System efforts, including programmatic, technical, and financial monitoring support.
- Prepare high level program briefs, coordinate meetings, monitor schedules and coordinate across all applicable IWS Participating Acquisition Resource Managers (PARMs) to support and monitor a DDG 1000 Ship Integration and Test program and transition from development to fleet maintenance and modernization as the three ships of this class transition to the active fleet.
- Prepare and present executive level briefs for flag level meetings and senior executives as it relates to the DDG 1000 program.
- Interface with stakeholders and parties responsible for (or those that support) activities such as Program Manager Representatives (PMR), Engineering Change Control Board (ECCB) members, PEO Ships, Naval Surface Warfare Centers, NAVSEA 05, Combat System Port Engineers, SEA 21, PEO C4I, relevant PARMs managing the various weapon and C4I systems being installed, and PEO IWS stakeholder directorates outside of PEO IWS 9.0.
- Draft required technical and program correspondence; develop meeting agendas and records of discussion and other documents in accordance with standard formats and protocols.
- Support Program Objective Memoranda (POM) technical issue paper development and PEO oversight documentation/reporting, program management related documents, ensuring alignment with requisite stakeholders and program guidance/priorities.
- May require interface with ship’s force or afloat staffs to ensure fleet requirements are addressed throughout development and lifecycle sustainment.
- Monitor status reports and maintain awareness with respect to activities relating to ship lifecycle program milestones and TSCE activation/modernization.
- Support Combat System Software integration.
- Monitor efforts between shipbuilder, PARMs, and the Program Office (PEO IWS 9.0) to ensure schedules and milestones are met.
- Help develop solutions to complex technical problems that require Combat System or subject matter expertise.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of related experience. Degree in engineering, technical field or scientific discipline (or equivalent certifications) preferred.
- Experience serving on US Navy combatant ships in a Combat System related rating or junior officer billet OR at least two years serving in a program office, shipyard or field activity supporting the development or maintenance of US Navy Combat Systems.
- Understanding of shipbuilding processes and schedules in terms of delivering combat systems, integrating and testing combat systems, and completing all milestones needed to put the ship to sea and transfer it to the Fleet.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) are required with various levels of the Navy and Industry. Tact and diplomacy in demeanor are essential.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and provide responsive technical support in a dynamic and complex organization/team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office software suite, particularly in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Working familiarity with PEO IWS organization, NAVSEA Field Activities and PARM relationships.
Required Security Clearance:
- Must be a U.S. citizen eligible to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Ship Combat System computing architecture/interfaces and cyber security.
- Knowledge of DoD Programming, Planning and Budget Process (POM development).
- Systems engineering expertise.
- DoD acquisition experience/knowledge and familiarity with the Federal/DoD Acquisition Requirements (FAR/DFAR).
- Project Management background/certification.
- Shipyard planning and waterfront background.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.