SAIC is seeking a Fault Management V & V Lead on the OMES II contract in support of the On-Orbit Servicing Assembly and Manufacturing OSAM-1 program NASA’s Exploration and In-Space Services Projects (NExIS) division. This position is located at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD.
OSAM-1 is a robotic servicing mission designed to refuel a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite. It contains 3 elements: the Flight Element comprised of the OSAM-1 Servicing Vehicle (RSV) and development testbeds, the Ground Element comprised of the systems required to conduct RSV operations and the supporting networks and facilities, and the Launch Element comprised of the Launch Vehicle and supporting facilities and services. NExIS is responsible for the design, engineering, development, test, and operations of the OSAM-1 Mission through an integrated team at GSFC. The Servicing Payload design, development and RSV integration will be conducted at GSFC.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies, which affect subordinate organization(s).
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Develops technical solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Represents organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
- Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.