SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer with IT Infrastructure experience to join our team on the RITS contract with the US Army Corps of Engineers.
This role is 100% REMOTE and can be performed at any location in the CONUS.
Ideal candidate will be experienced in the Global Construction industry (large scale facilities, oil industry, hospital construction)
- Provide enterprise architecture expertise in a Fortune 50 construction company environment to translate enterprises strategies into future enterprise architectures and transformative plans (i.e. roadmap) to achieve that future state.
- Use multi-disciplinary techniques, for example: business process decomposition and redesign, information engineering, organizational redesign, change management, IT strategy and architecture, and performance measurement, to assist in enterprise business transformation and Enterprise Architecture (EA) implementation.
- Interacts at a variety of points within the enterprises governance process to assist in implementation of the transition plan, to include organizational strategy development, capital planning and investment control, portfolio and project management, systems development, and operations.
- Designs, develops, and maintains current and future views and data describing the enterprise architecture.
- Leverages prior construction environment experiences to research and advise on the selection of technologies to include within the enterprise architecture.
- Provides analyses of potential changes to the EA.
- Conducts reviews and analyses of architectures to ensure compliance with EA policy.
- Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures to ensure EA policy compliance or to improve the EA.
- Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter expert and other architects to reflect reengineered business processes into the EA.
- Defines, develops, and provides expertise and guidance on EA processes, policies, roles and responsibilities.
- Has experience and expertise in the application of one or more common EA frameworks, such as DoDAF, as well as with common methodologies such as ITIL and AESMF.
- Complete understanding and wide application of Information Technology principles, theories, and concepts that impact the construction field as well as all applicable OSHA standards and policies.
- Emphasis will be on VoIP, WiFi, and OSP/ISP projects.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Provides direction to employees and subcontractors according to established policies and management guidance.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues across mission-critical facilities, secure environments, and complex infrastructure projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree 12 years or more experience
- Experiencing architecting and fielding infrastructure solutions that are scalable, accessible, flexible and defensible as well as enables streamlined access to USACE applications, data and enterprise services for Engineers and establishes and implements repeatable product baselines and business processes to become more agile and efficient in acquisition and project execution.
- Understands the importance of size, weight, and power limitations
- Experienced delivering modernized infrastructure and integrated architecture
- Deliver thought-leadership, turning of abstract and logical concepts into IT solutions, which are usable, integrated, and secure from day-one.
- Development of standards and best practices to implement cloud solutions
- Modernizing legacy application architecture patterns, cloud migration
- Developing architectures applying cloud security and cyber security
- Cloud solutions monitoring and operation methodology
- Experience in defining infrastructure and/or integration architectures
- Experience in reviewing performance and recommending solutions
- Experience in defining high availability and disaster recovery procedures
- Experience and or understanding of data-centric design and execution
CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.