SAIC is seeking a Technical Writer II to provide technical writing support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
- Provide technical writing support to prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documentation that incorporates information and data from Program Office, customers, task lead, end users, and other departments
- Developing high-quality technical documentation that is coherent and easy to follow as well as complies with corresponding standard, style guide, and/or directive and meets the customers’ and end users’ needs. Technical documentation includes, but is not limited to, technical manuals, test plans, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Researching, collecting, analyzing, organizing, and preparing technical information and data.
- Creating and manipulating illustrations, graphics, charts, diagrams, etc. to be included in documentation.
- Editing technical documentation for format, accuracy, clarity, consistency, and adherence to government specifications.
- Formatting technical documentation within MS Word and per xml schema within Arbortext and Adobe FrameMaker.
- Providing document archival support to include preparing, organizing, and scanning hard copy documentation, generating hyperlinked and bookmarked PDFs, and delivering electronic copy for record retrieval.
- Performing clerical/administrative duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in a related discipline and 3+ years of related experience/Associate's and 5 years’ experience/H.S. Diploma/GED with 7 years’ experience.
- Proficient in desktop publishing with abilities to create and update tables, to create and manipulate graphics and drawings, to create and update flowcharts, and to format/layout text.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficient with MIL-STD-3001.
- Experience understanding, interpreting, and synthesizing engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers, and other available sources.
- Intermediate to Advanced level experience with Adobe products to include: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
- Work overtime at approximately up to 20%.
- Weekly travel to office at approximately up to 25%.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with Adobe FrameMaker
- Experience with DOD industry preferred.
- Experience with GPO Style Manual.
- Experience with ASD-STE100, Simplified Technical English (STE).
- Experience with Microsoft products to include: PowerPoint, Teams, Visio, Project, and Outlook.
- Experience with xml schema and development of xml files and scripts.
- Experience with Arbortext.
- Experience with PDF-XChange Editor.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Clearance; can start with no clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $50,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.