SAIC is seeking a Technical Writer with Submarine Systems expertise to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
Note: This position is partially remote/flexwork/work from home with periodic travel to support the customer site in Crane, IN. Preferred home of record near Crane, IN for periodic project meetings. Percentage of travel is up to 25%
The Crane, IN office has need of submarine systems expertise and technical writing support to prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documentation that incorporates information and data from Program Office, customers, In-Service Engineer Agents (ISEAs), task lead, end users, and other departments.
- Provide technical expertise regarding the operation and maintenance of submarine systems such as the fire control system, target system, navigation, and launch system.
- Research, collect, analyze, organize, and prepare technical information and data.
- Develop high-quality documentation with minimal guidance that is coherent and easy to follow as well as complies with corresponding standard, style guide, and/or directive and meets the customers and end user's needs. Documentation includes but is not limited to technical manuals and ordnance directives.
- Manipulate graphics, charts, diagrams, etc. to be included in documentation.
- Ensure technical content is accurate, easy to understand, and consistent.
- Edit and review rough drafts for format, clarity, and adherence to editorial and government specifications.
- Collaborate with a variety of teams and interested parties.
- Work with minimal supervision, demonstrating initiative and organization.
- Work with strict deadlines/timeframes.
- Manage several different tasks from various requestors.
- Perform clerical/administrative duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and ten (10) years’ experience; OR Associates and eight (8) years’ experience; OR Bachelors and six (6) years’ experience; OR Masters and four (4) years’ experience.
- Experience operating and maintaining submarine systems such as the fire control system, target system, navigation, and launch system.
- Experience with DOD industry.
- Experience interpreting and synthesizing engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with ISEAs, and other available sources.
- Experience with Microsoft products to include: Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.
- Experience interfacing with the Strategic Systems Program Office and missile Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
- BS degree in a related discipline (technical writing) and 3+ years of related experience.
- Proficient in desktop publishing with abilities to create and update tables, to manipulate graphics and drawings, to create and update flow charts, and to format/layout text.
- Experience with MIL-STDs and GPO Style Manual.
- Experience with xml schema and development of xml files and scripts.
- Experience with Adobe products to include: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Experience with NAVSEA style manuals and specifications.
- Experience with iPDM.
- Experience with S1000D.
- Experience with Arbortext.
- Experience with VULCAN.
- Experience with provisioning data.
- Experience with configuration management.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.