SAIC Naval Business Unit is seeking a qualified Operational Level of War (OLWTT) INTEL/OPFOR Developer at Navy
Warfare Development Command (NWDC) in Norfolk, VA.
The individual in this position will provide subject matter expertise (SME), Fleet Intelligence, and Opposing Forces
(OPFOR) SME support to USFF in the accomplishment their mission to train and sustain Maritime Operations Centers
(MOCs) command and control capabilities at Major and Numbered Fleets Commands, Naval Component Commands
(NCC) and when designated, Joint Force Maritime Component Commands (JFMCC) at the Operational Level of War
(OLW). The ideal candidate must have naval operational experience and knowledge for how intelligence and realistic
OPFOR presentations support the following areas: Operations, Plans, Command and Control (C2) Command Authorities,
Fires, Intelligence and Special Access Programs/Special Technical Operations, Integrated Air and Missile Defense/
Ballistic Missile Defense, Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO), OLW Logistics, Special Operations Forces/Irregular
Warfare, Inter Agency, C2 Systems, Command and Control of Command and Control (C2 of C2) or Assured C2 Process,
Strategic Communications, Cyber Operations, Space Operations, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Information Management/
Knowledge Management, Personnel, and Assessments. Additionally, the ideal candidate must have performance-based
Operational Level Exercise Program (OLEP) experience, which includes the full spectrum of maritime operations support
tasks required in the conduct of simulated and real- world events (local, remote, distributed, live, virtual, and constructive;
friendly, neutral, and threat maritime forces).
These tasks include, but are not limited to: exercise concept development, planning, scheduling, modeling, simulation
architecture design, simulation management and operations, intelligence, scenario development, database builds and
tests, event response and control cells, assessment, as well as support to development of future maritime domains within
the joint training environment.
Specific Functional Area duties will include, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Coordinate with MOC Training Team (TT) on-site contractor staff, as required, to accomplish tasks, briefs and
- pointpapers to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate with appropriate OLW TT members to prepare required reports, staff actions, point-papers, talking points, and
- all other staff products in support of but not limited to the following activities of USFF OLW:
- Assist in the development of the scenario, road to crisis, operational environment and specific storylines that ensure the
- Commander’ s training objectives are accomplished. Assist government representatives in debrief of OLW exercises in
- accordance with appropriate measures of effectiveness (MOE) using USFF established Navy Mission Essential Task Lists
- Develop synthetic exercise scenarios in accordance with current naval, joint, and coalition doctrine, Tactics Techniques
- and Procedures (TTP) and forward deployed Numbered Fleet requirements in an OLW environment.
- Develop synthetic exercise injects to enable accomplishment of training objectives for synthetic training events and
- support of live events as required. - Utilize the Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) tool to track storylines and specific
- events on a daily basis.
- Provide recommendations for and development of synthetic augmentation (entities, scenario elements, simulator
- operators, etc.) to live training exercises.
- Develop exercise documents to include manning documents, messages and orders to include but not limited to
- Operation Orders (OPORD), exercise directives and exercise game books.
- Provide for the execution of synthetic war-gaming software for OLW synthetic events/exercises as required. - Provide
- the government lead with appropriate lessons learned from synthetic training exercises and ensure relevant changes are
- incorporated in future exercises
- Provide expertise and support on applicable tactical and operational-level joint, coalition and service doctrine.
- Develop collection plans in support of Observer/Trainers (O/T) to aid in the preparation of After Action Reports (AAR)
- and daily summary reports. - Participate in the development of the AARs based on observations of the training audience
- during exercise execution.
- Develop and maintain MOC levels of performance, readiness assessment and feedback standards, as well as associated
- standard metrics (training proficiency observations (TPO), training proficiency evaluations (TPE), training proficiency
- assessments (TPA), mission training assessments (MTA), and mission assessments (MA)) for entry into the Joint Training
- Information Management System (JTIMS) and the Defense Readiness Reporting System (Navy) (DRRS-N).
- Manage all aspects of operational integration of processed/fused Intelligence Community based documents,
- assessments, Intelligence Briefings, operational reports and Intelligence databases for blue and red forces to support and
- meet exercise training objectives.
- Develop exercise products from processed/fused Intelligence Community based documents, assessments, Intelligence
- Briefings, operational reports and Intelligence data bases.
- Provide Intelligence support to the Exercise Control Group during exercises in the role of a Maritime Intelligence
- Operations Center (MIOC) / Joint Intelligence Operations Center (JIOC) staff.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. 12 years experience in lieu of a Bachelor Degree
- Active TS/SCI
- U.S. citizen with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. - A minimum of nine (9) years of Navy Fleet Intelligence and/or Joint intelligence experience.
- MOC N2 and/or MIOC experience.
- Expert knowledge of Navy structure and defense level intelligence operations: intelligence collection, fusion, analysis, production, and dissemination for intelligence databases and products.
- Ability to meet medical screening qualifications to embark on U.S. Navy, USNS or host nation ships when required to get underway for periods in excess of 24 hours.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.