SAIC is currently seeking a motivated and energetic Automation Engineer Principal to join our team in Alexandria, VA. The Automation Engineer will participate in software testing, creation and implementation of Test Strategies, Plans, and Automated Test Scripts as well as other aspects of the software development lifecycle. The candidate will be responsible for developing and testing Java code as dictated by project requirement.
Job Responsibilities –
- Developing automation test suites for backend/frontend testing
- Strong understanding of automation concepts and approaches
- Generating test data and performing Data Validation
- Data interface message testing with JSON and XML message sets
- Developing SQL or Unix scripts for test data generation or test harness automation
- Design and execute automated regression, functional, performance and system testing
- Verifying results and producing test summaries and defect reports
- Identifying defects and requirement discrepancies, and generating defect change requests and reporting discrepancies
- Use modern software engineering IDEs including Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc. for design, development, and testing the software
- Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand and document requirements in JIRA
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline ( 4 years experience in lieu of degree)
- 9+ years overall experience
- Experience with any of the following Test Management Software (Jira, Xray, Bugzilla)
- Experience working with CI tools (Jenkins, GitLab, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with test runners (Junit, TestNG, Cucumber, etc.)
- Knowledge of Java Programming concepts for file handling, exception handling, database operations and Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Ability to create and execute test cases using Selenium WebDriver and IDE
- Basic SQL query skills and general understanding of relational databases.
- Ability to understand data models and write test scripts based on the data model
- Evaluate test results, report, and manage defects.
- Good Understanding of Oriented programming and Data Structures.
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment.
- Good written/oral communication skills and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels.
- Ability to lead a team in designing and executing robust automated test suites
- Experience in all stages of application testing, including backend testing, functional, usability, regression, load/stress and performance testing
- Experience with integration level testing, requiring ability to work with both big picture & in-depth domain knowledge.
- Proven ability to develop, execute and maintain automated test suites across multiple environments: frontend/backend applications and API Service testing using tools such as Soap UI, Postman, and JMeter with basic JSON and XML knowledge.
- Experience with any SPA framework testing tools (e.g. e2e, Protractor)
- Prior experience in a software development arena is a plus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Must have the ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical project members.
- Experience working in an agile development process is a plus.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.