SAIC has an immediate need for a Cyber Security Engineer to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Marshall Space Center in Huntsville, AL. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. As a member of the Enterprise Software Support Services team this position is supporting agency-wide network management and automation systems.
- Architects, designs, implements, maintains and operates information system security controls and countermeasures.
- Analyzes and recommends security controls and procedures in acquisition, development, and change management lifecycle of information systems, and monitors for compliance.
- Monitors information systems for security incidents and vulnerabilities; develops monitoring and visibility capabilities; reports on incidents, vulnerabilities, and trends.
- Responds to information system security incidents, including investigation of, countermeasures to, and recovery from computer-based attacks, unauthorized access, and policy breaches; interacts and coordinates with third-party incident responders, including law enforcement.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessments at the network and system level then provides solutions.
- Collaborate with system owners on security matters and assist with resolution.
- Ensure system compliance and on-going authorization with NIST 800.53.
- Provide briefings to senior staff on projects and initiatives as the cyber security subject matter expert.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline and at least 5 years of systems or application cyber security related experience. Additional work experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of SNMP/ICMP based monitoring solutions such as CA Spectrum, Cisco DNA-C, BMC TSNA, MRTG, and/or other similar NMS tools.
- Experience in the design, installation, configuration, and support of enterprise applications and systems.
- Solid understanding of data and telecommunication technologies and networking fundamentals.
- Candidate must have experience with both Microsoft and UNIX, preferably RedHat LINUX.
Desired Skills / Experiences:
- Knowledge of best practices from large scale enterprise deployments
- Able to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Security + and/or Network + certifications
- Solid understanding of IT security tools and concepts and strong threat modeling skills
- Working knowledge of current government mandated cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain security measures (NIST 800-53 controls)
- Candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
Desired Certifications / Training:
- Security +
- Network +
- Linux +
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.