SAIC has an immediate need for a Video Technician to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide.
- Participates in and coordinates the activities of the installation, maintenance, test, troubleshooting, and programming of the GSFC IPTV and Cable TV systems.
- Supports the installation of equipment in telecommunications closets, the GSFC IPTV Infrastructure, the GSFC Cable TV Head-end, as well as GSFC Master Control.
- Participates in the installation and maintenance of GSFC Auditoriums Audio/Video infrastructure.
- Reviews Change Requests, Work orders, Incident tickets, and equipment records for completeness and accuracy.
- Develops and maintains Corrective and Preventative Maintenance Processes to ensure services perform at a high level of quality and availability.
- Works at heights using ladders and scaffolds when installing or maintaining large antenna subsystems.
- Uses Personal Protective Equipment (eg. Boots, helments, harnesses, etc.) as necessary to complete a task
- Requisitions materials, tools, and supplies as needed.
- Inspects completed work accuracy to verify conformance and compliance to Government standards and regulations.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School degree and 9 years of technical experience
- High-level knowledge of cable TV distribution via an IP-based network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of encoders, decoders necessary to convert video services from both satellite and over the air antennas to an IP-based network infrastructure.
- Technical writing skills to support developing documentation to be used by the group for operation and maintenance needs.
- Knowledge of drawing tools such as Visio, to maintain graphical documentation of the systems under the purview of GSFC TV Operations. This includes Power Distribution, Video distribution, Audio distribution, Power Grounding, Rack Elevations, Floor Plans, etc..
- Ability to generate Weekly/Monthly reports
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Less than 10% of time spent on travel
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Knowledge of a wide range of electronic equipment used in a Video environment
- Knowledge of test equipment necessary to measure signals in an Audio/Video infrastructure
- Ability to install cabling (Twisted pair, Coaxial and Fiber), and crimp connectors in a structured cabling system environment
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of Antenna Subsystems (both Satellite and Over-the-air systems)
- Ability to troubleshoot issues to determine the cause of a faulty reception
- Has a pleasant demeanor when interacting with customers for both new installations as well as during reported incidents
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.