SAIC is looking for a Senior Azure Automation Engineer to support the NASA EAST Program in Huntsville, AL. This role is 100% remote. We are looking for a person who is passionate about automation and always looking for opportunities in replacing repetitive tasks with automation.
- Support the development of compelling features using modern tools and technologies with a focus on building future-proof systems that perform at scale.
- Maintain and deploy critical infrastructure components through Infrastructure-as-Code tooling across multiple accounts.
- Identifies process improvements and opportunities for automation.
- Implement and maintain an enterprise-grade security posture for all production and non-production systems.
- Maintain, monitor, and establish best practices.
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems.
- Assist with application migration to the cloud by providing terraform modules
- Design and build DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- 8 or more years of applied experience in a relevant role.
- 5+ years’ experience building, maintaining, and deploying production infrastructures in Azure at scale
- 3+ years’ experience with the following technologies:
- Experience using and leveraging APIs.
- Python, Golang, or any modern scripting language.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and concepts such as agile, SCRUM, CI/CD, and DevOps.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related degree, or relevant experience.
- Understanding of monitoring, detection, and compliance tools.
- Azure Certified Associate or Expert preferred
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects and toolsets.
- Flexible, adaptable, and reliable self-starter.
- Experience in building up a new team.
- Knowledge in GitHub actions preferred and/or Jenkins CICD pipelines.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.