SAIC is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to support an exciting, multibillion dollar contract with The Department of Transportation (DOT) in Lakewoood, CO. The Desktop Support Technician will provide Tier-2 IT Support for various applications and systems for an environment of approximately 300 users. This position serves to remediate issues quickly and efficiently and receive coordination from their Team Lead, but also be able to work and act independently and find solutions to problems that can be challenging. Customer service, problem solving, and communication are key traits of this position.
- Reset and enable accounts for customers
- Provide briefings on current issues to customers via email, and phones
- Customer support operations of recording trouble calls, emails, and messages, receive and respond to user trouble calls relating to hardware, software, connectivity, peripherals, phones, and training
- Perform technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages
- Install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs, and other application software programs
- Troubleshoots printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical field, plus a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a federal government environment providing help desk hardware and software support. High School Diploma and 4 additional years of equivalent work experience
- Experience supporting, Windows 10, and MS Office 365
- Must be able to think independently to find solutions to software and hardware issues
- Knowledge of VPN’s, how they work, what they are used for, and how-to setup end users
- Specialized in all software and hardware support from installation, licenses, and troubleshooting; fluent in multiple IT disciplines such as computing and networking
- Strong analytical and follow through skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-tech users
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks, as well as on a team
- Must be able to lift 40lbs and spend much of their time on moving from workstation to workstation across three floors
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Skills in reviewing and interpreting IT security processes and procedures
- Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system
- Experience developing image systems from scratch and preparing systems for deployment with specific sets of software loaded
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $25,001 - $50,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.