SAIC is seeking a ServiceNow Senior Platform Engineer for the Cloud Managed Service Provider capability offering of Cloudsend Foundational Services.The ServiceNow Platform Engineer is responsible for supporting the design, development, maintenance, administration, and continuous improvement of enterprise Service Management solutions in ServiceNow. This is a SME/Subject matter expert role; the successful candidate will collaborate with the existing internal ServiceNow team (and customers) following industry standards on a day-to-day activities and administration. Development efforts will include (but are not limited to) custom portal pages, modules, API and software integrations, customized web pages, User interface policies, scripts, service catalogs, configuration management database implementation, etc. This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide supporting EDT/EST hours.
- Designs, plans, and administrates ServiceNow catalog and related request management forms
- Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of ServiceNow using a variety of scripting and programming languages
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in ServiceNow
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Develops creative technical solutions to complex problems
- Guides the successful completion of projects
- Work is performed based on documented stories associated with scrum planning sessions
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Applies technical expertise and of other related disciplines
- Familiar with Agile development processes
- US Citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain Secret Clearance as needed
- Able to obtain (and maintain) Government Public Trust designation as a condition of employment
- Able to travel up to 10%
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience
- Experience integrating cloud services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions.
- Must be a certified ServiceNow Administrator
- System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- Better than fundamental understanding of ServiceNow platform capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience implementing best-practices and procedures for cloud service delivery and catalog management
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Change Management, Service Catalog, Problem Management, Incident Management, CMDB, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, etc.
- Ability to provide ServiceNow customization and configuration including but not limited to: scripting, workflow administration, report setup, module customization, data imports and third-part software integration.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $165,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.