Job ID: 2200230
Location: HYATTSVILLE, MD, United States
Date Posted: Mar 8, 2022
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work:
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking for a Software Developer to provide development support as a member of an integrated project development Team. He/she will be working with other Program Developers to design, develop, and integrate customer developed software as required. The Developer will be responsible for providing input to project release plans that cover project inception through delivery and on-going operational maintenance. They will be expected to analyze and solve complex application development problems; review other software developer’s work products for correctness, adherence to the project design concept and user standards.
The Java Software Developer will play a key systems development role for a highly secured system for a government agency. The successful Java Developer will participate in all phases of the SW development lifecycle, including analysis, design, code, unit test, reviews, and integration testing. As a middle level developer, the Java Developer will also mentor junior developers and demonstrate the ability to take a leadership role in design reviews, code reviews, and impact analysis. To be successful in this role, the Java Developer should be self-motivated and passionate about solving technical problems.
The system facilitates high value financial transactions over the Internet. With this in mind, experience with payment systems, trading systems or other highly secure transactional systems would be highly valuable.
- Consults with clients and subject matter experts to develop or refine complex user requirements; translates user requirements from a formal requirements document into an application and/or database design
- Determine the impact of new requirements on the design and code. Estimate level of effort.
- Create clear and complete design documents.
- Lead effective design reviews, with an emphasis on best practices, such as following core OO principles and leveraging design patterns.
- Develop code and unit tests.
- Lead effective code reviews, with an emphasis on ensuring effective coding practices and thorough unit testing.
- Mentor junior developers on OO fundamentals, design patterns, effective coding practices, and tool usage.
Minimum Tangible Qualifications:
- 2+ years of Java Development and Software Engineering
- 2+ years of OO Software Analysis and Design with UML
- 2+ years using OO Software Design Patterns
- Some leadership experience
- Formal exposure to an SDLC methodology
- A 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field
- Jr. to Mid-Level Java Developer
- Clearance: Ability to obtain an Fiscal Service Public Trust Clearance (Must be a US Citizen)
Skills in the following areas are a plus (in rough order of importance):
- Java certification
- Exposure to an SDLC maturity model (e.g. CMM-SW, CMMI, ISO)
- Multi-tier Messaging Architectures including SOA, JMS, IBM MQSeries
- Scripting languages, including: sh/bash, perl
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, FishEye, Confluence) and BitBucket
- Systems Engineering, Networking, and Integration
- Systems administration and management for Unix, Linux, and Win/AD
- Knowledge of software security patterns and PKI
- Software Sustainment and Product Improvement Methodologies
- Project Planning
- Schedule Management
- Project Health Assessment Methodologies
- Risk Management
- Software cost estimation models
- Software Measurement and Metrics
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.