SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to join our team in Kingstowne, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career. The selected candidate will serve as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO)/alternate ISSO (AISSO) for one or more major Federal IT information systems. He/she will be responsible for conducting structured security Certification and Accreditation, or Ongoing Authorization, activities utilizing the Risk Management Framework and in compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements
- Provide Management briefings on the security posture of assigned system(s)
- Conduct continuous monitoring and periodic self-inspections of computer systems to ensure security compliance with aforementioned guidance and other policy directives, and proactively report progress to management, and make recommendations for improvements as needed
- Review Nessus, Webinspect, and DBProtect security scans, communicate vulnerabilities to technical stakeholders, and track them to remediation
- Review DHS ISVM alerts for applicability to CBP systems, communicate them to technical stakeholders, and track them to remediation
- Assist directorate with security-related data call responses to upper management and DHS OCIO
- Assist container scanning as needed using Aqua scanning tool
- Support customer responses to ongoing information system audits
- Support PKI certificate generation as needed
- Develop and update Interconnection Security Agreement documentation as needed
- Review and approve/deny system change requests as required
- Ensure configuration management is appropriate for all Information Systems (IS) software and hardware, including that change control requirements are documented and tracked
- Participate in security log and audit trail reviews in accordance with established schedules (Splunk experience is a plus)
- Conduct periodic reviews (recertifications) of Privileged user accounts (Developer, Admin, etc.)
- Assist creation of new policies/procedures as needed
- Assist periodic physical security walkthrough inspections of work area as needed
- BS degree in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity or related discipline ( 4 years experience in lieu of degree)
- 9+ years experience
- CISSP Required
- Self-starter who is proactive, efficient with their time, and able to prioritize a multitude of tasks on a daily basis.
- Be able to contribute to the development of new security processes and procedures and be knowledgeable in one or more information technology areas.
- Should possess project management and leadership skills including organizing, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Be customer-focused and possess the ability to identify issues, analyze, and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of moderately complex technical problems.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees and be able to represent the organization as a knowledgeable resource.
- Ability to obtain (or currently possess) and maintain a CBP Background Investigation (similar to a Public Trust).
- Check Point’s Certified Security Expert (CCSE)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Microsoft's Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) with focus on security
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.