SAIC are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Java Developer Senior to join our team in Kingstowne, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career.
- Design and implement Micro Service Architecture JEE software applications
- Use modern software engineering tools including Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), and Atlassian Suites for design, development, and testing the software
- Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
- BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline ( 4 years experience in lieu of degree)
- 5+ years experience
- Provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS (or equivalent cloud providers)
- Java Micro Service Architecture frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Java Frameworks such as Spring, Grails, and Play
- Hibernate, Angular
- JMS, XML, JSON,
- SQL, JDBC
- Unix, Linux
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design techniques
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Scalable Web Applications
- JQuery, AngularJS, NodeJS
- High level of self-motivation, desire to deliver stellar solutions and willingness to work in a distributed team environment
- Ability to lead and mentor junior level developers
- Developing 100% automated unit tests using SOAP-UI, Selenium, or equivalent tools
- Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (Git and Gradle/Maven)
- Understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security etc.)
- Agile Scrum
- Oracle, DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.