*** Hiring bonus available for qualified candidates ***
SAIC is looking for a Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA. The candidate will assist with the scheduling, coordination and assistance with developing system engineering and acquisition documentation for Programs of Record within the Program Executive Office, Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I). Job duties and responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Provide technical and acquisition assistance for Programs of record.
- Schedule and attend system engineering meetings and conferences.
- Identify and streamline workflows
- Support the development and review of engineering and acquisition documentation while adhering to government guidance for strategy, planning, documentation, and implementation
- Provide support that follows industry standards including integration policies and documentation.
- Work proficiently on complex technical problems and seek solutions for consideration.
- Work to define system integration onto manned and unmanned vehicles; specifically system interoperability requirements. This will require refinement of system architecture(s) to meet operability needs on manned and unmanned vessels.
- Conduct system engineering activities based on sound engineering practices, fleet experience and acquisition feasibility.
- Assist in the investigation of engineering solutions related to installation, functionality, and configuration related issues to determine root cause and assist with developing fixes
Required Education & Experience:
Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelors and 7 years or more experience; Masters and 5 years or more experience; PhD and 2 years related experience. Applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of degrees.
- Understanding of PEO C4I / NAVWAR organization structure, programs of records and mission focus.
- Basic familiarity of PoR, DOD, U.S. Navy acquisition documents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software to include: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to operate both independently and without direct supervision and in a collaborative software development lab environment
- MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Understanding PEO C4I, NAVWAR, US Navy C4I systems
- Prior Military (Navy) experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.