SAIC has an opening for a Site Support individual in Oak Ridge, TN.
This IT position interfaces with all employees telecommuting or assigned to a designated work location, supporting the employee and customer IT issues & requirements. Ensures smooth IT operations at the designated work locations and/or remote access needs.
- Key interface for user support on new accounts, issuing new desktop/laptop, phone and mobile devices and software needs.
- IT Support for diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging Laptop/desktop, servers, networks, phones, printers, AV and VTC and Software systems. IT support for customer meeting and conferencing needs for daily meetings requiring IT networks, AV, and VTC needs.
- Interfaces with the employees/customers to ensure new IT systems (HW, SW and networks) are coordinated through all corporate interfaces (Security, ITO Directorates).
- Conducts on-site installation and testing of IT equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Responsibilities include oversight and integration support of existing hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within area of responsibility. Installation of software maintenance releases or hardware upgrades including the oversight of the installation process and test procedures to diagnose and resolve product performance problems at installation.
- Identifies areas requiring product improvement and approves/implements upgrades and hardware or software engineering change orders.
- Provides feedback and customer support regarding product performance problems and suggested solutions which may require product exchanges or more complex problem solving.
- Plans, prepares and conducts on-the-job training as required in support of the foregoing activities. Additionally, may interact with more seasoned IT personnel and potentially the customer when the customer's problem cannot be resolved directly.
- Could support across multiple site locations, as well as remote and offsite employee issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years related experience with relevant certification.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.