SAIC is seeking a Technical Writer II to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
The Crane, IN office has need of technical writing support to prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documentation that incorporates information and data from Program Office, customers, end users, and other departments.
- Developing high-quality documentation with minimal guidance that is coherent and easy to follow as well as complies with corresponding standard, style guide, and/or directive and meets the customers’ and end users’ needs. Documentation includes but is not limited to technical manuals, curriculum, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Computer Based Training (CBT), and Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs).
- Researching, collecting, analyzing, organizing, and preparing technical information and data.
- Editing technical documentation for format, accuracy, clarity, consistency, and adherence to government specifications.
- Performing desktop publishing support (e.g., format and layout) for technical documentation.
- Creating and manipulating illustrations, graphics, charts, diagrams, etc. to be included in documentation.
- Creating and maintaining xml schema (i.e., templates, DTDs, EDDs, read/write rules, structure applications, and conversion tables) within Adobe FrameMaker.
- Scheduling, attending, and participating in project meetings, review meetings, and validation/verification events.
- Creating and maintaining trackers for developing, planning, and scheduling purposes.
- Maintaining records.
- Performing clerical/administrative duties as assigned such as file management and recording and distributing meeting minutes.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and seven (7) years’ experience; OR Associates and five (5) years’ experience; OR Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of related experience.
- Capable of understanding, interpreting, and synthesizing engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers, and other available sources.
- Proficient in desktop publishing with abilities to create and update tables, to create and manipulate graphics and drawings, to create and update flowcharts, and to format/layout text.
- Experience with xml schema and development of xml files and scripts.
- Experience with DOD industry.
- Experience with standards such as MIL-STD-40051, MIL-STD-3001, MIL-STD-38784, and S1000D.
- Experience with GPO Style Manual.
- Proficient with Microsoft products to include: PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Microsoft products to include: Teams, Project, Excel, and Visio.
- Proficient with Adobe FrameMaker and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Work potential overtime at approximately 20%.
- Support potential travel at approximately 25%.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with Arbortext.
- Experience with PDF-XChange Editor.
- Experience with digital camera and accessories.
- Experience with ASD-STE100, Simplified Technical English (STE).
- Experience with provisioning data.
- Experience with configuration management.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.