SAIC has a need for a Senior Software Engineer with previous software development and test experience to support Army Aviation projects located in Huntsville, AL!
- The candidate will provide software engineering expertise to a research and development group investigating cognitive decision aiding, autonomy and human machine interfaces for future manned unmanned teaming (MUM-T) applicable to Army aviation.
- The candidate will design, develop, integrate, test and maintain software for a simulator which serves as an evaluation and research testbed for the Army S&T community.
- The primary responsibilities of the candidate will be software development of components within an environment aligned to open systems standards and integration support for third party technology vendors integrating into the distributed simulation environment.
- The candidate will lead sub-component development and report progress to the task engineering lead
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree within Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field and five (5+) years or more experience
Clearance: Minimum Interim Secret Clearance required to start with the ability to obtain a full Secret Clearance; Prefer active Secret Security Clearance
- 5-10 years software engineering experience
- Experience developing software in C++, and C, and C#
- Experience with the MS Visual Studio and Eclipse IDEs
- Experience developing software targeted for Windows and Linux operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols.
- Experience developing software as well as integrating and troubleshooting software and hardware within a distributed simulation environment
- Experience creating software requirements, design, interface and test documentation
- Knowledge of software engineering processes.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work across geographically diverse groups
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a team member
- Python development desirable
- Knowledge of unmanned aircraft system communication protocols
- Experience developing software aligned to the Future Airborne Capabilities Environment (FACE) technical standard is desirable
- Experience with the agile development processes
- Understanding of UML
- Familiarity with avionics, unmanned and manned aircraft systems
- Experience working in a research and development laboratory environment
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.