Job ID: 210020418
Location: SAN BERNARDINO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 20, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC Company is looking for experienced and highly motivated engineers to join our team of rocket scientists. This position will be located at San Bernardino, CA. Commit your years of experience to a future of excellence as you help shape the future of the United States ICBM. The Minuteman III weapon system was first fielded in 1962, and has been upgraded in various stages over the life of the program to maintain system capability.
SAIC is responsible for the Force Development Evaluation (FDE) of the current Minuteman III, and provides analysis capabilities to the Air Force to ensure that all system accuracy performance requirements are achieved. SAIC provides engineering support (Advisory & Assistance services) as part of a multi-command, multi-contractor team. SAIC is seeking an engineer with a background in aerospace/aeronautics, specifically in flight testing, to include flight instrumentation, telemetry, flight termination, and range operations. SAIC is looking for an experienced and highly motivated engineer to perform guidance, navigation, and control for a variety of interesting rocket programs. At the SAIC San Bernardino engineering center we are multi-discipline team of propulsion, structures, fluid mechanics, software, controls, and avionics engineers. We support the Rocket System Launch Program (RSLP) which is a United States Space Force program that provides quick access to space to other government agencies.
Working in the SBCA engineering center provides a unique and diverse opportunity to work with various launch vehicle programs (besides MMIII) and contractors throughout the country and perform independent analysis of the launch vehicle guidance system designs. Don’t miss this great opportunity to contribute to one of the most exciting and challenging development and sustainment efforts in the Department of Defense (DoD). Position and pay will be commensurate with skills and experience. Roles and Responsibilities (including some or all of the following):
· Perform post flight verification of simulation predictions
· Update, maintain, and improve accuracy guidance models
· Perform analyses of launch vehicles to ensure mission requirements are met
· Autopilot linear stability analysis
· Non-linear six-degree-of-freedom (6DOF) simulation analysis
· Validation of 6DOF simulation models
· Review and verify system level and launch vehicle accuracy performance/requirements
· Develop, modify, and maintain software tools that predict pre-flight performance under nominal, off-nominal, and Monte Carlo flight conditions
· Update system and subsystem models based on designs, test results, and other data · Review and support GNC team members working a variety of missions
· Support design changes, and delivery milestones as necessary
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or applied mathematics or applied physics or related program and 15 years of related experience ·
Current DoD Secret (or higher) Security Clearance ·
Experience in at least three of the following: control systems engineering, dynamic six degree of freedom modeling and simulation, launch vehicle analysis, and/or navigation systems
· Experience in FORTRAN and/or C/C++ on Linux platforms · Proficiency with MATLAB and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) · Must have demonstrated presentation skills and experience interfacing with customer ·
Position requires a proactive, self-starting, independent, flexible engineer with excellent interpersonal skills
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.