SAIC is seeking a talented, highly motivated, and experienced Cloud Financial Management Engineer for the Cloud Managed Service Provider capability offering of Cloudsend Foundational Services to help implement and operationalize a Technology Business Management (TBM) solution designed to position system owners and executives with the knowledge to manage and communicate the cost, quality, and value of cloud and other IT Services. The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of business acumen and technical expertise to be able to engage stakeholders, understand requirements, and to develop solutions to provide tangible value to IT resource owners. This role involves close collaboration with IT and Finance professionals at all levels within the organization and program offices. The job can be worked anywhere within the U.S.
- Translate business objectives into technical requirements to identify deliverables.
- Configure and develop sets of operational and financial models, dashboards, and management reports.
- Interface with IT Executives, Finance, Project Control and Program Management Offices on IT Total Cost of Ownership, financial metrics, and cost transparency initiatives.
- Act as a single point of contact for customer engagement and support regarding financial dashboard
- Import, transform, and rationalize data from systems of record such as General Ledger, Fixed Assets, CMDB, Cloud Service Providers, etc.
- Operationalize data monthly by loading, validating, and reviewing on daily basis.
- Support cloud financial management and optimization efforts by enabling analytical capabilities that align to Cloud Financial Operations (FinOps) best practices
Required Skills / Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship is required as well as ability to obtain a Secret security clearance as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or related field and five (5) years or more of relevant experience.
- Advanced degree in related field preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills for financial modeling and analysis
- Requires broad experience in the financial and IT services industries
- Strong level skills and experience in formulaic logic such as MS Excel if statements, vlookup/xlookup, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Strong to expert skills in data transformation using MS Excel or Access
- Knowledge and application of relational database concepts
- Familiarity with DB technologies including but not limited to MySQL, Postgres, MariaDB, and ODBC tools
- Working knowledge with scripting, APIs, SQL, report building, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to executive management audiences
- Executive interactions
- Infrastructure background
- ITIL certified a plus
- TBM and/or FinOps certified a plus
- Good with data analytics and data mining.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Advanced analytical and big data analysis skills
- Familiarity with IT and Cloud industry standards, frameworks and best practices such as TBM and FinOps
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple levels of management and staff across the organization with minimal supervision
- Understanding of IT infrastructure domains including cloud (public and private), data centers, network/communications, server utilization, virtual environments, storage, and application development
- Knowledge of IT services and financial management processes and best practices such as budgeting, cost allocations, capital & operating expense handling, and application/infrastructure support
- Strong leadership and organizational skills - capable of motivating and managing organizations or teams to deliver desired results
- Strong ITIL or Service Management background
- Strong familiarity with Cloud Computing principles and high level understanding of Cloud Service Provider management planes (e.g. AWS Management Console, Microsoft Partner Center Portal or Azure Management Portal, etc.)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.