SAIC has an opening for a Taleo System Administrator. This position will support the talent acquisition system (Taleo ATS) and other HR-related SaaS service offerings, integration with upstream (recruitment marketing platform Talemetry), downstream (Core HCM, Oracle HCM Cloud), and multiple 3rd party vendors to best support the Talent Acquisition function and its business processes. This position is part of the corporate Information Technology Office, HR Systems Team Agile Team. This is a remote position. This role will partner and collaborate with business leaders and functional configuration specialists to understand and facilitate the digital transformation to an exceptional candidate and new employee experience.
- Collaborating with networking, security, operational, vendor, and database support specialists as necessary to solve inter-system challenges and deploy new enterprise services.
- Perform engineering activities for vendor upgrades and system enhancements, including: requirements, alternatives analysis, data and activity flow, integration software development, code review, configuration management, SOP, testing, and implementation task list.
- Triage, troubleshot and resolved service desk incidents.
- Contribute to process improvement efforts such as: issue tracking and resolution, and knowledge management and collaboration using MS Teams and Sharepoint.
- Work closely with the client to provide guidance, functional and technical experience and incorporate knowledge of a client processes (while offering optimization insights), to deliver scale-able design specifications that will satisfy the business requirements.
- Apply technical expertise and knowledge of related disciplines while working as part of an dynamic Agile OneTeam with cross-organizational membership.
- Closely partner with Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Information Technology and vendor resources to creatively advance capabilities and solve business needs.
- Develop plans and approaches to support integration of talent acquisition data from acquired company tool sets.
- Prepare diagrams depicting people interactions, business processes and technology integration which summarize the entirety of a business process flow.
Education: Bachelor's degree and 9+ years of related experience, or Master's degree and 7+ years of related experience, or PhD or JD and 4+ years of related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Understanding of Talent Acquisition business processes and best practices.
- 4+ years of experience working with Taleo.
- 3+ years of experience working with Taleo Connect Client.
- Experience developing integration's to other products and vendors that source or consume applicant tracking system data.
- Knowledge of Agile practices and methods.
- Must have experience and knowledge of SQL, XML and scripting.
- Advanced experience with Excel and/or Access to support data analysis and/or manipulation.
- Experience with MS Suite of productivity tools (Word, Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of ADO and pipelines is desired.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.