Please note that this is an OCONUS opportunity located in Qatar. Eligible applicants must be a current U.S. citizen and possess an active DoD Secret Clearance.
The Principal Network Engineer will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration, and support of the CENTCOM Partner Network (CPN) for the Qatari Armed Forces.
- Maintaining network hardware and software; monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and performs necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Adhering to and implementing the current Department of Defense Cybersecurity policies and procedures and to conduct audits and reviews for compliance.
- Performing a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies within a single network.
- Evaluating new network technologies and making recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network.
- Must have a clear understanding of INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements.
- Must maintain a strong knowledge of the system and may be required to provide technical presentations, CPN on-the-job training (OJT) and refresher training for operations center watch-standers.
- Participating in the full system engineering lifecycle including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, testing, and implementation.
- Configuring all network equipment, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, VoIP phones and support new installations and future upgrades.
- Support may also include Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft system administration including server/client workstation, imaging, account management and active directory.
- Interacting directly with Qatari customers and/or functional peer group managers.
- Troubleshooting all CPN equipment and operational issues and providing appropriate on-site problem solving techniques. \
- Participating in CPN engineering activities which include Command and Control Interoperability Board (CCIB) meetings, System Integration/Installation, Validation and Verification, System and Operational Performance Analysis and testing.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, from an accredited institution, and ten (10) years’ experience in systems administration is required. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Required Skills and Certifications:
- Candidate must have the following certifications at the time of applying for role:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) routing/switching OR CCNP Enterprise
- CompTIA Security+ .
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and have an ACTIVE DoD Secret level clearance
- Candidate must be experienced with configuration and troubleshooting of CISCO routers, LAN and WAN routing protocols, switches, Unified Communications Manager and VoIP phones.
- Candidate must be familiar with configuration of Type-1 encryption devices.
- Candidate must have well developed communication skills, and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format. Must be a self-starter, team player, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks in a complex environment with little or no supervision or assistance.
The following Technical skills are highly desirable:
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, and system administration including server/client workstation, imaging, account management and active directory.
- Experience with the Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS) and working in a military environment with classified networks and knowledge of U.S. coalition networks
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.