SAIC is seeking a Senior Program Analyst to provide expert advice and assistance in policy and conceptual aspects of emergency operating capability and emergency relocation site planning for designated emergency and Continuity of Operations (COOP) coordinators and other appropriate personnel involved in the development of emergency preparedness and COOP plans. The position is temporarily remote due to Covid and will likely be a hybrid remote schedule post-Covid. Collects relevant information from varied sources, evaluates findings, and makes recommendations for the COOP, Medical Counter Measures (MCM), and Occupant Emergency Plan (OEP). COOP plan activation and/or mobilization and gathering intelligence or information as it relates to the encroachment of impending hazards or threats, works with leadership, security personnel and other component emergency coordinators and other appropriate personnel involved in the development of emergency preparedness and COOP plans. Establishes and maintains a working relationship with appropriate staff of the primary client and other Federal Government agencies that interface with appropriate staff of the primary client and other Federal Government agencies that interface with National Security Emergency Preparedness (NESP), COOP, MCM, Continuity of Government (COG), and OEP support planning. Assist the primary client in overseeing other facility and resource requirements for COOP and MCM plans and logistical support under contingency or emergency conditions. Assist the primary client with planning, training and executing COOP for federal government agency/directorate and assist with the planning and organizing national-level response and COOP exercises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain the client’s Continuity Program based on a multi-year Strategy and Program Management Plan (including Risk Management) in accordance with applicable Federal requirements, specifically Federal Continuity Directive 1 & 2.
- Develop, establish, and maintain the client’s Test, Training, and Exercise program for continuity including full scope support, facilitation, evaluation, and documentation of the client’s participation in National Continuity Exercises (e.g., Eagle Horizon and MCM). Deliverables include Emergency Preparedness Exercises, leadership briefing, and training presentation for Emergency Response Group, After Action Report Binders and Corrective Action Plans.
- Develop, implement and maintain additional plans, standard operating procedures, and/or white papers, including budgetary requirements as necessary to support the client’s all-hazards preparedness. Deliverables include emergency call trees.
- Develop and maintain a Risk Management Plan for the client’s Continuity Program in compliance with applicable Federal requirements for business process/impact analyses, risk assessments, and Mission Essential Function validation. Deliverables include Risk Management Plan.
- Participate in required emergency programs working groups including, but not limited to the Inter-Agency Continuity Working Group, Department of Homeland Security Continuity Working Group, Department of Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness, etc. Deliverables include briefings and debriefing documents.
- Support the National Operations Center (NOC) and serve as the client’s liaison to the NOC for operations and planning functions, as well as information sharing, collaboration, and integration.
- Assist with implementing the client’s MCM training exercise and drills within guidelines of the DHS Department Guidance Statement. Deliverables include the MCM Training, Exercise, and Drills.
- Implement an employee outreach program related to emergency preparedness (e.g., Emergency Relocation Group/Devolution Emergency Response Group (ERG) / Reconstitution Planning Team, MCM Point of Distribution (POD) Team, service bulletins, new hire training, ERG desk-side briefings, Emergency Notification System testing, etc.). Deliverables include Employee Outreach Program.
- Assist and support the development, implementation, and maintaining of an Occupant Emergency program for the client’s HQ facility that includes plans, procedures, and employee/occupant test, training, and exercise initiatives with the Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH) group. Deliverables include the OEP, procedures, employee/occupant test, training, and exercise initiatives.
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Must have active secret clearance with ability to obtain public trust.
- Due to clearance, US Citizenship is required.
- Mastery knowledge of programs for Continuity of Operations (COOP), Continuity of Government (COG), and Emergency Preparedness (EPP) so program actions and decisions are consistent with the requirements of these programs.
- Expert skills in program planning, development, and evaluation methods to perform program management responsibilities.
- Expert program management skills to plan, develop, implement, coordinate, and lead program activities, to develop feasible milestones, and to coordinate planning and implementation activities with program managers and other involved agencies.
- Communication and presentation skills to present, justify, and defend recommendations for projects and programs to program managers and customers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials of subordinate organizations and with other officials within and outside the Department to Plan, coordinate, and manage projects and program activities.
- Excellent communications skills to provide project status to peers and superiors, to interface with clients for project-related communication, to communicate with colleagues in other functional areas.
- Senior level capability with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint & Excel).
- Senior level capability with MS Project.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management and organizational skills.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.