This position reports to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting & Policy within the Office of the Corporate Controller. This position will be responsible for managing the technical accounting assessments and providing technical accounting guidance on a variety of complex transactions to key stakeholders and senior management, including assessments on the accounting for revenue and lease contracts entered into by SAIC; managing the implementation of new accounting standards; supporting the external reporting process by drafting new footnote disclosures; and ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures are maintained for all relevant process areas.This position can be worked remotely, 100% nationwide.
- Manage the technical accounting assessment of significant and unique transactions entered into by SAIC (including acquisitions, joint ventures, lease transactions, stock compensation, restructuring activities, etc.) and provide guidance to various business functions and senior management
- Prepare accounting memorandum and executive summaries that document the accounting impact of significant and unique transactions
- Manage the review and evaluation of revenue contracts entered into by SAIC and research the relevant US GAAP accounting guidance to determine the appropriate accounting treatment
- Monitor and provide technical accounting guidance on the Company's lease arrangements
- Manage the review of new accounting pronouncements to determine the impact on SAIC and, when applicable, assist with the implementation of new standards
- Evaluate the disclosure requirements and prepare 10Q/10K footnote disclosures for certain complex accounting areas
- Perform tie-out procedures for certain key footnote disclosures
- Manage the drafting of new/updated global accounting policies
- Maintain and monitor department compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures
- Provide analysis and support to SAIC's external auditors
- Other special projects, as assigned
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and ten (10) years or more experience.
- Bachelor's degree (Business Administration or related field)
- Certified public accountant
- A minimum of 7 years of accounting experience, with at least 3 years of Big 4 public accounting (audit) experience
- Subject matter expert in the technical accounting areas of revenue recognition, lease accounting, stock-based compensation, goodwill impairment assessments, segment reporting, hedge accounting and business combinations
- Strong understanding of SEC reporting and disclosure requirements
- Significant experience with preparing technical accounting memorandum and global accounting policies
- A strong interest in performing technical accounting research over a broad range of topics. Able to navigate and interpret relevant authoritative literature and evaluate and recommend solutions to senior management
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral) and a demonstrated ability to prepare organized work paper files
- A proven ability to deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Unquestioned personal integrity
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking skills and flexibility to switch from one project to the next
- Government contracting experience a plus
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.