SAIC is seeking Senior Logisticians to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
Note: This will be a remote/flexwork/work from home position. This position may require some travel (TBD). Percentage of travel will be less than 10%, expectation of travel is one week every six months to support Crane Naval Base in Indiana.
- Performs system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems.
- Controls the efficient flow of goods, services and information between points of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. May also plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production.
- Develops raw material requirements, scheduling requirements from engineering specifications, production schedules, and plans and manages material movement with purchasing, warehouse, and production.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistic processes.
- Logistics functions encompass maintenance, supply, transportation and logistics plans. Inherently included as logistics tasks are program formulation, policy planning, coordination, inspection, integrated logistics processes, joint planning logistics, acquisition and wholesale logistics, product support, asset visibility, material management and supervision (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Complete understanding and wide application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices. Performs assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by management to measure meeting objectives. Administers company policies that directly affect employees. Recommends changes to team policies.
- PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Develops solutions to a variety of problems moderate in scope and complexity. May refer to policies, procedures and practices.
- FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- IMPACT: Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- LIASON: Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Ability to communicate directly with program Office, provide strong leadership, and plan for product support efforts
- Ability to develop and recommend product support planning and supportability requirements
- Ability to attend and contribute to with IPT, SETR and TIM working groups
- Evaluate the effect of program changes on reliability and product support elements Ability to recommend trade-offs to ensure effective product support management.
- Develop, and conduct peer reviews of Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSP), Project Management Plans (PMP), and Life Cycle Sustainment Plans (LCSP)
- Attend tabletop/team reviews and conduct peer reviews of Systems Engineering Management Plans (SEMP)
- Conduct peer reviews of Configuration Management Plans (CMP)
- Attend and contribute in Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), IPT, SETR and Technical Reviews
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and ten (10) years’ experience; OR Associates and eight (8) years’ experience; OR Bachelors and six (6) years’ experience; OR Masters and four (4) years’ experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgment to know how to navigate and resolve challenging situations.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Clearance. Active Secret Clearance preferred.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.