Job ID: 2120132
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Electrical Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC’s National Security and Space Sector (NSS) is seeking a Radio Frequency (RF) Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory (SETA) services to our NRO customer in Chantilly, VA. SETA contractors provide analysis and engineering services in a consulting capacity, working closely with the government's own engineering staff members. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground.
SAIC has an opening for a mid-level engineer to provide SETA support our NRO customer who is responsible for developing and maturing RF technology (SIGINT, RADAR, ELINT and/or Photonics) from applied research into demonstrably mature capabilities that can be inserted into system program baselines. The successful RF engineer will support the generation after next of national security-related systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Directly support government program manager in project management and execution of RF technology research and development (R&D) efforts
• Plan and support technology maturation through the R&D life cycle
• Support transition of mature RF hardware to system program offices for flight development
• Survey state of the art RF technologies and provide technical recommendations to help guide IC customer for future RF technology development strategy and roadmaps
• Work closely with the IC customer supporting all phases of the acquisition strategy and process to include Requests for Proposal, Statements of Work, Requirements, Contract Data Requirements Lists and other required solicitation/contract documents
• Support acquisition source selection activities as an advisor
• Assist the IC customer with the oversight of technology development contracts and develop status briefings for government and industry
• Interact with outside organizations such as DoD, NASA, National Labs and Universities to coordinate activities for maximum effect
• Provide identification, assessment and resolution of risks during the acquisition phase and during program execution
• Work with the IC customer to advance resiliency activities/initiatives in RF technology
• Active TS/SCI with Poly
• Bachelor degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Math or related discipline + 14 years related experience
• Knowledge of RF hardware systems and/or device technologies and the RF industry
• Program/Project management experience and technical leadership
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and energetic environment
• Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
• Effective interpersonal skills and strong briefing and writing skills
• Aptitude for on-site Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor (SETA) work
• Advanced degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Math or related discipline
• Knowledge of leading edge technologies, such as wideband receiver architectures, digital signal processing, phased arrays, RF system testing and characterization
• Strong understanding of RF engineering principles, such as, linearity, Noise Figure, Gain, VSWR, SIGINT and RADAR
• Familiarity with Government and IC acquisition, budget and contracting processes
• Experience and ability to coordinate with DoD or IC R&D organizations
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.