Join a winning team! SAIC’s Defense System Group is seeking engineers to support the modernization of the US Army.
SAIC has an opening for a motivated, career, and customer oriented Senior Systems Engineer to provide Systems and Operational Architecture support with the Army Futures Command (AFC) team located in Austin, TX. . We are supporting the architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions at the Enterprise level. This work establishes the modernization of future integrated systems across the Army.
- Identify and align requirements, derive system architecture and functional design, and identify associated risks to ensure products meet Army requirements
- Apply AFC (Army Futures Command) strategy and architecture needed to support decision making
- Consolidate current and planned system architectures
- Develop architecture models to capture the holistic view of the enterprise
- Identify and define future capability and interoperability needs while working across multiple Offices and Organizations
- Identify critical architecture and system level trades
- Maintain data dictionary and data lineage across architecture components
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience in the development and maintenance of architecture products across the span of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), to include Project Views, Capability Views, Operational Views, System/Service Views, Standard Views and Data and Information Views
- Familiar with and able to develop architecture artifacts using common modelling standards and languages (e.g. Unified Profile for MODAF and DoDAF (UPDM) Unified Modeling Language (UML), Systems Modelling Language (SysML), and Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN)).
- Proven experience with technical fundamentals in an existing Army program (e.g., ground vehicles, air, missile defense, soldier systems)
- Proven experience in the development and use of modeling for architecture solutions
- Familiarization with the US Army’s staff operating procedures and the Military Decision Making Process
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline
- Certified Architect (e.g. DoDAF, TOGAF, UAF, MODAF, Zachman, CSEP)
- Experience in Cameo EA or similar Enterprise Architecture Tool set
- Must have an Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.