The Systems Integration & Delivery team is currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager with significant experience overseeing a platform integration production organization. The Quality Assurance Manager will define company best practices for Quality, develop tailored solutions in implement Quality to support proposals, and provide corporate support to multiple active production/ integration programs. This position reports to the Production Tool Suite Product Owner in the Engineering Innovation Factory Team with accountability to the Corporate Quality. The work is to be performed on site in Charleston, SC.
The Production QA Manager will be responsible for the coordination, management, and development of quality assurance activities required to support, evaluate, audit, control, and document all quality assurance functions throughout the product cycle. The position provides an objective, independent view of the quality of the products, processes and the execution of procedures. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, and maintain technical quality assurance and quality control systems and activities.
- Define and specify the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating products.
- Select, develop, evaluate and manage Inspection, Quality Planning and Quality Engineering personnel.
- Conduct or oversee product/process compliance audits, in-coming product inspections, develop QA plans, develop surveillance plans, and monitor suppliers for compliance,
- Provide quality-related training to others as required.
- Provide technical interpretation of quality-related requirements, especially those related to Quality and Procurement.
- Define Quality technical requirements for incorporation during product design, procurement, assembly, and test that are commensurate with the maturity of Engineering, Procurement, and Manufacturing Operations. Work with manufacturing engineering teams to incorporate inspection plans into work instructions.
- Review technical data (e.g., drawings, work instructions, Purchase Orders) to assure quality requirements are correctly included and assist engineering to identify Key Characteristics and inspection methods and tools.
- Integrate measures, metrics and associated data into an oversight strategy.
- Collect and analyze program and QA metrics for trends and potential improvements.
- Provide overview of product and process performance that enables continuous improvement and identifies actual and potential risk areas.
- Initiate process improvements and track corrective action status for the programs and report status to Management on a regular basis.
- Communicate quality status, plans, and requirements to the customer, program teams, and suppliers and measure and report on quality indicators and metrics
- Interface with customer and vendor Quality Assurance points of contact. Coordinate replies to customer concerns related to quality – lead audits and other verification activities related to engineering and manufacturing operations.
- Coordinate monthly, weekly and ad-hoc reporting and briefing to customer and SAIC management.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical field, and 14+ years related experience, including supervisory experience. At least seven (7) years or more must be in Quality Assurance.
- Quality Supervisory experience (e.g., quality engineering, inspection and test).
- A broad Quality background including Quality Engineering, Quality Planning, Supplier Quality, Inspection and Test.
- Experience and knowledge of the ISO9000 or AS9100 standard.
- Strong leadership skills and be able to interface effectively with cross functional teams, multiple contractors and with the customer.
- Must be a US citizen and possess (preferred), or be able to obtain, a Secret security clearance.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to support multi-tier communications.
- Ability to operate without close supervision or immediate feedback.
- Secret security clearance
- Experience with Engineering & Manufacturing Development (EMD), Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) and Full Rate Production (FRP).
- ASQ Certifications (CQA, CSQE, CQE, and CMQ/OE).
- Knowledge of lean and six-sigma quality methodologies to help drive continuous improvement.
- Vendor/Supplier audit/oversight experience.
- Previous experience with Government Quality audits.
- Supplier Quality Audit and experience monitoring supplier performance.
- Experience working DoD programs.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.