SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Imaging and Packaging Systems Engineer to join our team and begin an exciting and challenging career with Air Force EITaas EUS. This position allows for 100% remote work.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the creation, development and maintenance of the Windows 10 OS image within the USAF environment on a Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Current Branch environment using tools such as MDT, Windows ADK and SCCM OSD Task Sequence
- Coordinate critical customer issues as well as new release and change implementations.
- Participate in regular meetings with the customer requirements, to coordinate development and implementation proposals
- Provide vision for the Endpoint environment and possess a deep technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 OS and Security features, Microsoft Group Policy and Microsoft infrastructures (Active Directory, DNS, SQL, SCCM).
- Identify new technologies (e.g. Intune and AutoPilot), examine and recommend if they bring added value to the USAF with both security and performance in-mind.
- Have deep expertise of user technologies, best practices to support and optimize corresponding environments.
- Develop, evaluate and manage imaging and related processes and workflows within the client environment
- Develop and test Windows 10 OS client master images as per customer requirements using tools such as MDT, SCCM, Windows ADK, etc.
- Test and integrate device driver for new hardware models and provide OEM Factory Imaging solution and ongoing management
- Be part of a packaging team to support application packaging for a Windows 10 deployment
- Be responsible for packaging applications using AdminStudio packaging software following an established process and workflow
- Build silent installation packages in a MSI/MST format and performing initial installation testing on Windows 10 before hand off to the client for user acceptance testing
- Participation in the 3rd level support for clients
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelors Degree and 5 years of pertinent experience
- 3+ years of experience in application repackaging
- 1 year of experience in application deployment
- Must be 8570 (at least IAT Level II) compliant by date of hire
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows platforms
- Windows 10 OS Deployment Build
- SCCM/MECM task sequence Build
- Must have Very Good experience with using AdminStudio for packaging
- Must have packaged applications for Windows 10 OS platforms
- Good Experience in Applications, Upgrades and Retiring Old Versions.(Ex: Adobe, JAVA, etc..)
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Interim Secret clearance or higher by date of hire
DESIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- At least 5 years working in a DOD environment performing Endpoint activities with strong understanding of DISA STIGs
- In-depth knowledge and troubleshooting experience of Flexera Admin Studio, Lite-Touch, Zero touch Deployments, WDS/PXE Issues, Sysprep tool, WinPE, etc.
- Expertise and prior experience in designing large scale OS deployments and migrations
- Knowledge of customizing the configuration xml files and creating custom migration
- Expertise and experience in working with Desktop hardware products by Dell, HP, etc. and creating factory imaging solutions.
- Knowledge of hardware components and driver integration
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects with strict timelines, to work to achieve common objectives in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Strong knowledge of Group Policy and STIG Compliance
- Good knowledge of Server 2016/19, Active directory, DHCP, DNS, basic Windows networking
- Knowledge of VB Scripting/ HTA / Batch scripting/Power Shell or any programming language
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.