SAIC is seeking Engineering Technicians to support the US Navy in Oak Harbor, Washington.
- The Engineering Technician performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed, selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents, receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed, performs recurring work independently.
- Completed work is reviewed for technical adequacy and satisfaction of requirements. This incumbent may train and be assisted by lower level technicians, and performs one or a combination of the following:
- Designs, develops, and constructs major units, devices, or equipment; conducts tests or experiments; analyzes results and redesigns or modifies equipment to improve performance; and reports results.
- Plans or assists in planning tests to evaluate equipment performance.
- This technician performs a combination of such typical duties as:
- Constructing components, subunits, or simple models or adapts standard equipment; may troubleshoot and correct malfunctions.
- Following specific layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices and subunits of equipment.
- Conducting various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement, selecting, preparing, and operating standard test equipment and records test data.
- Extracting and compiling a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc., processing data, identifying errors or inconsistencies, selecting methods of data presentation.
- Conducts tests using all types of instruments; analyzes and evaluates test results, and prepares reports on findings and recommendations.
- Work pertains to electrical, electronic, or mechanical components or equipment.
- Fabricate, installs, tests, troubleshoots, modifies, and repairs various kinds of wire harnesses on ground and airframe applications. Maintains and repairs equipment.
- Reviews drawings and specifications provided to identify modification and reparability issues and special tooling requirements.
- Makes recommendations to engineering and project management concerning formability of materials.
- Reviews drawings and recommends design changes to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Repairs, manufacture and upgrades various avionics cable harnesses.
- Performs repairs based on drawings and NAVAIR requirements.
- Performs RF testing using a PNA, continuity testing using a DITMCO, DVM, and fiber optic testing using hand held light source and power meters, and performs 1553 buss testing using semi-automated test equipment.
- Use various encapsulation and coating materials such as; conformal coatings, RTV's, epoxy resins, paints, etc.
- Install electrical cables, connectors, and assemblies as well as mechanical components of various complexities requiring a high level of manual dexterity.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and five (5) years related experience; OR Associates and four (4) years related experience; or Bachelors and three (3) years related experience.
- Must possess a practical knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic principles, techniques, etc. Incumbent must have a technical knowledge of testing, modification, fabrication, installation, set-up of specialized equipment and documentation requirements for the establishment of repair, refurbishment and engineering support.
- Must have ability to utilize established procedures and associated test equipment to perform radio frequency testing, fiber optic testing, 1553 buss testing, and various hand held and automated test equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and sketches.
- Must be able to adapt shop practices and industry standards to fit situations in absence of guidelines.
- Must be able to use common hand tools for removal and replacement of various electronic and mechanical assemblies.
- Must be able to use both manual and power driven equipment.
- Must be able to professionally interface with technicians, engineers, quality assurance personnel and support personnel.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to follow written, verbal, and drawing instruction sets.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Security Clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.