Job ID: 2120049
Location: , United States
Date Posted: Dec 21, 2021
Subcategory: Cyber Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an opening for a Sr. Cyber Security Engineer (Pen Tester) (REMOTE) to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
The Sr. Cyber Security Engineer requires experience with the methodologies and procedures for conducting penetration testing as per NIST 800-115. The candidate much be able to interact with various stakeholders, including Information Security Officers, Project Managers, and developers to make recommendations regarding all aspects of security within our organization. The candidate must have experience in utilizing cyber security tools, network topologies, software or other intrusion detection methods, PKI, continued protection and monitoring of secured networks as well as the ability to perform physical and telephonic penetration testing
• Threat model experience – Work flows, business and technical security models
• Will be required to report on vulnerabilities
• Will work closely with the Information Security Office in securing user, software and network assets for appropriate use and enterprise wide protection
• Familiarity with the processes and requirements for conducting assessments as per NIST 800-115 methodologies for physical, network, application, and social engineering
• Must be able to plan, recommend, and deploy security countermeasures
• Able to utilize cyber security industry standard methods in providing recommendations to secure systems
• Knowledge of implementation and security levels and roles necessary for successful application deployment.
• Must Stay abreast of current cybersecurity trends relevant to the client's business and system security
• Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
• Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge
• Demonstrate ability to learn new cybersecurity techniques
• The ability to influence and persuade people; ability to remain composed under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
Required Skills *
• Extensive knowledge in applying penetration testing techniques and methods
• Extensive knowledge in intrusion detection and broad-spectrum penetration testing, as well as reporting
• Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills are required
• Skills in working with various teams (ISOs, PMs, developers, etc.) to explain findings and make recommendations to remediate findings.
• Knowledgeable in NIST 800-series special publications, such as 800-53 and 800-115
• Knowledge and experience in cybersecurity and penetration testing tools, Network topologies
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.