SAIC is seeking a Test Engineer on location in San Diego, California supporting a Submarine Communications program.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software/system development testing, and experience with communications systems. Candidate should possess strong problem solving skill and the ability to learn new technologies quickly. Specific responsibilities of the candidate will include:
- Provide software integration engineering and testing support
- Participate in resolving technical issues and troubleshoot the system that may arise during integration, implementation and testing of software
- Provide technical direction, guidance and training to less experienced staff
- Interface with management, customers and team regularly
This opportunity is contingent upon contract award, expected in Winter/Spring 2022.
- Fully Adjudicated Secret Clearance (Able to obtain TS)
- Located in San Diego, CA
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7 years of experience in Test and Evaluation (T&E) with Department of Defense (DoD) systems and demonstrated performance as follows:
- Test Management of Development/Operational test events that required coordination with Commander Operational Test and Evaluation Force (COMOPTEVFOR)
- Test Planning for Development/Operational test events that included updating and maintaining Test Plans, Test Procedures, and a Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP)
- Test Execution participation as a Test Director, Test Conductor, or Operator aboard operational platforms or lab environments
- Test Reporting that includes generating Quick-look Reports, and Developmental/Operational Test Reports
- DoD IAT 1 certified eligible.
- Security+, willing to get within 6 months
- Excellent Communications Skills are imperative
- Establish equipment configurations in support of operational requirements.
- Candidate should have strong computer and networking skills and demonstrate a working knowledge of current applicable military and commercial standards and specifications.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Visio, Project, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Word).
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronic, Computer or Software Engineering
- (5) Years of relevant experience may be used in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Submarine Communications Systems
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.