SAIC is hiring a Senior IT Support Specialist at Tyndall Airforce Base, FL. This position will support the US Army Corps of Engineers RITS Program. In this role you will provide both remote and onsite technical, operational, and training support to users. As a Senior IT Support Specialist you will support escalated problems from the help desk, as well as provide second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications, and hardware.
Hours: Normal work hours are Monday through Friday; 8 hour shift between 6AM and 6PM local time. After hours support may be required on an infrequent basis.
About the Program: The Army Corps of Engineers – Revolutionary Information Technology Services (RITS) program, provides a modern and secure enterprise-wide IT support services to approximately 37,000 USACE customers located throughout the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS).
- Provide second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications, and hardware.
- Handle problems that the first-tier help desk support is unable to resolve.
- Install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating systems, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs.
- Troubleshoot printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, perform hardware and software diagnostics, and coordinate needed repairs.
- Resolve computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participate in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
- May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommend systems modifications to reduce user problems.
Require Education, Skills, and Experience:
- AA/AS degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- 6+ years of professional, applicable IT experience
- Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (examples: A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security certifications)
- Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment.
- Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start, and must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience supporting Windows 10, and MS Office 2013
- Familiar with ServiceNow.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience maintaining Xerox, Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. installing maintenance kits)
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- Experience supporting Office 365
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.