SAIC is seeking a Senior System Engineer with Electrical Engineering degree and root cause analysis experience, team, leadership skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Background and experience with aircraft avionics development and integration experience to work on rotary wing, fixed wing, and test equipment projects.
- Perform a variety of life cycle system engineering tasks relating to development, integration and sustainment support of avionics, sensors, communication equipment, electronic warfare systems, test equipment, and weapon systems.
- Works independently while receiving assignments in the form of objectives with goals and process outlined.
- Ability to provide written solutions to a variety of problems in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner.
- The engineering activities may include: concept of operations formulation; requirements definition; analysis and engineering; system architecting; system analysis and design; validation and verification; system integration; system and operation analysis; coordinating and conducting engineering investigations; proposal development lifecycle cost analysis and estimation; decision analysis and resolution; and system troubleshooting.
- Supports subject matter experts in developing technical and managerial recommendations that directly affect cost, schedule, and risk.
- The job contains travel to military locations within the US to perform engineering investigations, requirements capture, and may include work with classified information and equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more related experience or Masters and three (3) years related experience degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college/university.
- Experience in the development and testing of embedded systems, avionics, and/or automotive systems to Safety, Reliability, Electro-Magnetic Interference, and Human Interface Requirements;
- Perform Engineering Investigations and Failure Analysis;
- Basic knowledge of systems development lifecycle and systems engineering role throughout lifecycle;
- Possess basic knowledge of MIL-Standards, MIL-Specifications, RTCA, SAE, ARINIC documents;
- Able to write specifications, interface control documents, engineering plans, white papers, modification documents, test plans, test procedures;
- Perform feasibility studies, activity and functional analysis, functional allocation; requirements development, requirement allocation, requirements traceability, verification, and validation;
- Daily interaction with supervisors and peers to exchange supply information, coordinate activities, and resolve routine problems;
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities;
- Team oriented, self-starter, with good verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to develop and give presentations, create conceptual drawings, lead and coordinate design teams;
- Experience with Embedded systems development
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read schematics, understand electrical engineering concepts
- Test/Measurement Equipment
- Motors/Power generation
- Power circuits
- RF engineering concepts
- Experience with electric motor control and test systems for electro-mechanical systems highly desired;
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools;
- Familiar with Government statutes and Department of Defense and US Navy development and SETR processes;
- Familiar with Risk Management and CM processes;
- Familiar with the use of configuration management systems and related project management systems
- Possess basic knowledge of electronics test equipment, bus emulators and adapters;
- Proficient with DOORS or other requirements management tool;
- Familiar with Military Technical Data Packages (TDPs);
- Familiar with military airworthiness and qualification testing;
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.