SAIC is seeking junior level Systems Engineers on the Horizon Program to support to the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying next-generation and advanced capability space systems under the Special Programs (SP) Directorate at the newly named Space Systems Command (SSC) and former Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) in El Segundo
Positions are available at various levels and require an active Security Clearance in order to support SMC’s portfolio of programs designed to gain, maintain and exploit space superiority in areas including space launch, global positioning, military space vehicle communications, defense meteorological space vehicles, range systems, space vehicle control networks, space-based infrared systems, and space situational awareness capabilities.
Ideal candidates will have experience interfacing with the government customer, managing technical programs and providing technical support throughout the engineering life cycle of operational and/or new start demonstration space and ground systems.
The following represents a general overview of duties and responsibilities.
- Perform technical and program management support in the execution of technology development and fielding in accordance with the DoD 5000.02 framework
- Assess program design and viability from a technical perspective
- Coordinate Government activities and contractor, sub-contractor, and vendor oversight efforts throughout the system life cycle
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and requirements traceability
- Perform and oversee concept of operations development, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architecture development, validation and verification, systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis, and physical configuration analysis (PCA)
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform and oversee functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications
- Provide specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet the program needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Provide leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders
Positions can be filled at a Level 2 or Level 3 Systems Engineer
Salary Range offered is based on experience level
- Level 2 requires a BS Degree & 2-4 years of related experience or a Masters Degree
- Level 3 requires a BS Degree & 5-8 years of related experience or a Master's with 3+ years
- Must have working knowledge of technical program engineering life cycle with interest in one or more of the following areas:
- Space / Ground Segment/Space Vehicle Systems Engineering, Design, and Architecture Development
- Requirements and Verification
- Specification Development
- Interface Definition
- Related Processes and Tools Development
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the Government program office
- Ability to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short-term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate to team members, customers, and suppliers
- Must be able to work independently
Requires an active clearance or in-scope SSBI and be willing to consent to a polygraph examination. Must satisfy criteria to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance which requires US Citizenship
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Advanced Degree
- Test Systems Engineering
- Demonstrated team leadership
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.