SAIC has an exciting, immediate opportunity for an IT Manager to support enterprise infrastructure operations at the Department of Transportation (DOT) in Washington, DC.
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the 140+ person infrastructure organization focusing on authentication, network, communications, desktop and other core IT services. The IT Manager will work at all levels of DOT and lead the management of their IT Infrastructure, their modernization strategy, plans, and implementation efforts. Evaluates new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user. Manages the deployment, management, maintenance, optimization of internal and cross-functional processes related all IT Infrastructure. Monitors technology trends such as emerging standards for new technology opportunities.
- Responsible for the technical landscape cutover and production operational support spanning the entire lifecycle of the strategic platform or portfolio of IT solutions and applications
- Ensure internal customer satisfaction with IT services by understanding their strategic and tactical needs, making sure actions are taken to close any gaps; influence stakeholders' perceptions of the relevant IT services
- Support consultative advice and support to major incident and critical situation problem resolutions.
- Provides day-to-day management and supervision of overall Enterprise Infrastructure personnel, involving multiple projects and groups of personnel at multiple locations
- Organizes, directs, and coordinates the planning and production of all EMS support activities and allocates resources as necessary
- Provides comprehensive engineering, operations and maintenance support for the Infrastructure tool suite and other enterprise monitoring products
- Performs design architectural changes and implementation, following established configuration management processes and schedules
- Provides highly specialized technical advice concerning configuration and implementation of metric gathering methodology for monitoring IT facility equipment, applications and services
- Analyzes the metric, technical configurations and provides recommendations on the best alternatives
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations
- Designs, builds, and implements network systems
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network, systems, and application performance
- Troubleshoots network, systems, and application performance systems when necessary and provides empirical data and recommendations to improve performance
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience in managing Infrastructure technologies
- Effective team leadership skills strongly preferred, including risk management, skill development, task prioritization, performance management, and mentoring/coaching of cross-functional team members
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple demands on time, in cross-functional, virtual and teams
- Strong collaboration skills using a solutions and customer-service-oriented approach is required
- Analytical thinker with a passion for challenges and problem solving
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- At least 12 years of management experience with an emphasis on Infrastructure programs and/or projects, including mission critical programs, IT systems implementation and solution development
- At least 6 years of experience interfacing and presenting to executives
- At least 4 years of proven experience managing a program with at least 100 personnel delivering Infrastructure Operations Support Services
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.