SAIC is seeking a Facilities Project Planner Estimator to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
Note: This is a pipeline position for future openings with our Crane, IN team.
- Provides tactical facilities planning and estimating for the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Crane Division, and Facilities Branch.
- Position interacts with our government customers on a daily basis providing technical support and solutions to complex facility planning problems within a physical portfolio encompassing over 300 facility assets totaling over 3 million square feet.
- Collect and develop tactical facilities project requirements and translating these facility requirements into project scopes, conceptual designs, cost estimates using parametric costing tools, and project schedules.
- Develop floor plans and site plans using computer aided-design (CAD) software.
- Ensure project packages are completed and delivered to the customer on time.
- Responsible for managing a project through development, design, acquisition, and execution.
- Communicating with all stakeholders and US Government customer regarding new and current project status.
- Attend meetings with all stakeholders to collect and provide complete thorough project information.
- Maintain cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to keep updated information on past performance and industry standards.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Other tasks include interacting with a multi-disciplined technical government customer base, development of planning and budgeting documents, and preparing computer generated presentations. Develop office and/ or laboratory floor plans, layouts, and system furniture designs for a given facility Project requirement.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and four (4) years’ experience; Associates and two (2) years of experience; Bachelors and 0 years’ experience.
- Preferred background in construction management or similar field with experience planning project scopes, cost estimating, renovation and commercial construction.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Security Clearance. Active Secret Clearance preferred.
- The position requires a comprehensive understanding of the construction estimating process to include a strong background in the construction industry to include commercial experience associated with the following: architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing background.
- This position is challenging and requires fine attention to detail.
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, especially when facing project deadlines.
- Have the ability to understand and comprehend blueprints/specifications.
- Be proficient in using computer software to develop project scopes, estimates, schedules, and schematics, to include AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Project, and MS Visio.
- Have the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within the customer organization and with external planning and execution agents.
- Be professional in actions and appearance.
- Have solid organizational skills including detail oriented and multi-tasking skills
- Provide facility planning support for surge tasking, including data collection, analysis, and reporting for space allocation, real property, facility planning, Basic Facility Requirements (BFRs), Form 1391 development, military construction (MILCON) planning, and related tasking.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.