Job ID: 2119925
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Jan 20, 2022
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is hiring a PC Maintenance Technician in Huntsville, AL.
A PC Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing tasks which require touching the desktop. Given that this position physically interfaces with the customer, a professional, courteous demeanor is required in all circumstances.
A PC Maintenance Tech must possess excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and telephone etiquette. Above average ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. Must be decisive, conscientious and interact well in a team environment or training capacity. Have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures. Must demonstrate the ability to work well with a minimal amount of supervision. Must have a strong working knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment. Must communicate effectively with the clients, IT personnel and management.
• Provide direct customer service and technical support to users as required via phone, e-mail, on-line systems and in person.
• Provide professional and personal assistance to clients in answering inquiries, locating information and analyzing technical requirements at a moment’s notice, sometimes in very stressful situations
• Provide desk-side information technology support to U.S. Army war-fighter customers/users at a military installation
• Provide professional and prompt responses to users for problem resolution, in person, verbally and in writing.
• Must correspond professionally and promptly with co-workers and supervisors, in person, verbally and in writing
• Must be able to interface with individuals and military/civilian professionals at all levels of the organization
• Must have good organizational skills and be able to work independently
• Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others
A PC Maintenance Tech’s main technology emphasis should be to:
• Configure and install PCs, network printing devices, peripherals and software, including physical attachment of equipment to network
• Install and maintain peripheral equipment such as printers, modems, scanners, etc.
• Familiarity and expertise in various operating systems (Windows 10, etc.)
• Familiarity and expertise in mobile devices (blackberries, Apple IOS, Android, etc.)
• Familiarity and expertise in business applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe products and/or customer-defined/Army application suites.
• Install, configure and maintain network applications and application distribution systems
• Ensure system security in compliance with customer policy including virus protection
• Implement and maintain network standards and guidelines
• Utilize tools sets such as Symantec Ghost, Active Directory, Remote Desktop, etc.
• Operate audio/visual equipment such as Video Teleconferencing devices, projectors, and presentation hardware.
• Maintain an awareness of trends within the technology industry, researching and testing to determine how they could be implemented within the organization.
• Perform other hardware and software tasks as assigned
• Awareness of Army compliance requirements, such as AR 25-2, Security Technical Information Guidelines, and DIACAP process.
• Update systems with IAVA updates and anti-virus updates
• Maintain desktop operating systems, office applications, hardware, and installation/troubleshooting and have some knowledge of network operating systems and hardware.
Activities will be directed, monitored, outlined and supervised by a more senior-level technician and/or Project Manager. A PC Maintenance Tech will at times be responsible for training junior technicians in troubleshooting/repair/maintenance of PC hardware, troubleshooting/installing software on PCs, and use and maintenance of PC operating systems.
A typical work week runs from Monday-Friday and daily work hours range from 6:30 AM – 5:00 PM. This will occasionally vary due to 24/7 coverage for emergencies (rare but possible) and infrequent Overtime requirements.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Four years relevant experience OR 2 years relevant experience and an Associate’s Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field.
• Required training – CompTIA Security+ certification earned before 2011 with enrollment in their Continuing Education program OR a CompTIA Security+ certification earned on or after 1 January 2011 with automatic enrollment in their Continuing Education program AND at least one additional related computing environment (desktop OS) certification. Examples: MCITP (Enterprise Desktop Support Technician), A+, MCDST, MCP or HDI Desktop Support Technician
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance and the ability to obtain unescorted access to work areas on a military installation.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.