SAIC is seeking a Network Architect to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program. The candidate will design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data and transport. This will be a key engineering role for one of SAIC’s largest contracts.
This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS
- This individual will provides technical architectural design, and administrative direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development and implementation for complex to extremely complex systems with in the network infrastructure.
- Will lead resolution efforts and maintains high network availability. Evaluates and makes changes as appropriate to proposed network designs to ensure ease of installation, support and recoverability.
- Evaluate, review and if appropriate, implement recommendations for improvements to existing network procedures and documentation for efficient and cost effective delivery of highly available network service.
- Provides technical advice on major projects to ensure continued delivery of high performance data networks.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Install, configure and maintain LAN and WAN system hardware (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.) using primarily Cisco hardware
- Design, maintain and document network solutions
- Strong knowledge of network protocols
- Secure networks by developing network access controls and policies that align with DISA STIGs
- Ensure system security in compliance with DoD and customer policies
- Understand network security devices and their output
- Ensure reliable backup and recovery from circuit and hardware outages
- Integrate and manage enterprise tools sets such as the Spectrum suite of tools
- Provides network performance statics, reports and recommendations for network enhancements
- Apply firmware and software patches as required to hardware
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging technologies and tools
- Perform other hardware and software tasks as assigned
- Provide Tier III Service Desk support for network access issues
- Maintain all support documentation
Required Education and Experience
Must have a Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience or more; Masters and 10 years of experience or more; or 16 years of related experience.
Required Clearance: Active DOD Secret clearance
Must meet DOD 8570 IAT III level certification
- Must possess a CCNA certification or possess multiple advanced networking certifications or relevant experience.
- Must have a minimum of 12 years of related experience as a subject matter expert in architecting complex networks, utilizing Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), MPLS, VPN technologies.
- Must be an expert in routing and switching and have extensive experience designing and deploying Cisco enterprise networks.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.