SAIC is seeking an Ordnance Facility Site Planner in Crane, IN to support the Naval Support Activity (NSA) Crane, Crane Army Ammunition Activity (CAAA) in developing technical documentation to support CAAA operations.
NOTE: This is a pipeline position for future openings with our Crane, IN team.
- Prepare, submit, and support new site approvals for CAAA’s Manufacturing and Engineering (ME) Directorate
- Assist in the submittal of the site approval to the Department of Defense Explosive Safety Board [DDESB] for approval using the standard Explosive Safety Siting (ESS) program
- Ensure the proposed facility or altered facility is in accordance with the CAAA Master Plan, available on Government systems
- Assist the Explosive Safety Officer in answering inquiries on the site approval request as it moves through the review channels
- Gather the basic requirements from the customer concerning specific projects and determine the feasibility of establishing the desired new or altered facility at Crane including prime locations and alternate locations if applicable
- Ensure the proposed facility or altered facility is in accordance with plans including but not limited to the Ordnance Master Plan, Installation Development Plan, etc. Once government approval of these requirements and feasibility recommendations occurs, these will be used to develop a variety of construction and SRM projects
- Provide an executive summary of the project including concept designs and cost estimates
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience in ordnance facility planning and explosive safety; experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Familiarity with DoD ordnance facilities, operations, techniques, and processes
- Specialization in ordnance facility site planning to comply with all relevant DoD standards and methods
- Must be able to read and understand facility site schematics and building design plans
- Knowledgeable in the aspects of DoD explosive safety related to facility planning, siting, and associated regulatory compliance
- Must be able to obtain a full Secret Clearance; an Interim Secret is required to start, SAIC will help to obtain
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.