SAIC is seeking a Ordnance Manufacturing Engineer to support the development of ordnance gage designs, drawings, and facilities floor plans in support of Army manufacturing operations in Crane, IN.
NOTE: This is a pipeline position for future openings with our Crane, IN team.
- Perform a variety of engineering duties in support CAAA including the preparation of technical documentation to support the most efficient method of operations. Duties include creating CAD drawings of the facility and process equipment within mission facilities
- Ordnance gage designs with CAD drawings (AutoCAD required, 3D preference)
- Provide ordnance manufacturing process equipment concepts and designs, fixture concepts and designs, floor plans, and systems furniture concepts and design modeled and drawn using CAD
- Concepts and designs will include all information needed to execute and/or contract the project, including bill of materials, and other details
- Update existing drawings and programs through troubleshooting of equipment to increase safety, integrity, and efficiency of equipment and systems
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree with two (2) years or more experience
- Must be proficient at using AutoCAD 2-D (and 3-D preferred but can learn) drawing tools
- Must be proficient at using Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with Department of Defense (DoD) ordnance manufacturing methods, techniques, and processes
- Specialization in ordnance gage design to comply with all relevant standards and methods
- Experience in ordnance process equipment design
- Experience in ordnance manufacturing facilities design
- Must be able to obtain a full Secret Clearance; an Interim Secret is required to start, SAIC will help to obtain
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.