Job ID: 2119790
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 15, 2021
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator (SA). The Senior SA will part of a 4-5 member staff of senior administrators. The SA will be responsible for managing all facets of a customer network that includes all components of a mature operational network, including networking (switches, cabling, network planning), a large inventory of VMware ESXi blade servers, EMC and HP storage (~1PB), Windows and Linux servers and workstations, AWS Cloud technologies, a VOIP network, and a VTC network that connects organizations across international boundaries.
The SA will be the primary SME for specific technical components of the infrastructure, including the international CISCO VOIP network, Polycom VTC network, Windows Active Directory network, including provisioning servers, managing a WSUS solution, an MS Exchange network, backups, security scanning, reporting and remediation. The SA will also be the primary SME in charge of managing the network connections to our OCONUS and CONUS partners to facilitate partner collaboration.
The primary functions of the candidate will include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with virtualized environments (VMware vCenter 5.5, 6.0/6.7, to include ESXi and distributed switches).
- Knowledge of provisioning hardware, storage, resources and configuration/administration, including high-availability and failover services.
- Provide limited support for IT asset management and property control processes in managing inventories of workstations, monitors, and other related IT infrastructure through the customers control systems.
- Configuration and O&M of Red Hat 6/7 and Linux-based applications.
- O&M of Windows applications such as WSUS, Exchange, SharePoint, SCCM, Google Earth, and audit solutions.
- Experience with RAIDs, SANs, High Availability, Backups and Disaster Recovery.
- Experience in configuring network switches, working with VLANs, and knowledge of routing protocols.
- Knowledge in security hardening of operating systems in a standalone environment as well as through GPOs.
- Research and obtain quotes for hardware/software based on customer requirements.
- Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic customer centric environment.
- Occasional travel may be required (up to 25%).
•Must possess current TS/SCI with Polygraph.
•Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant (have current CompTIA, Security+ certification)
•Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent, and 14+ years of experience.
•MS Windows Server 2012/2008 (focus on Active Directory, Group Policy)
•MS Exchange 2010 and 2013
•Storage engineer/administrator (3PAR, NetApp, etc.)
•SAN switches (Cisco family, Nexus 5k, etc.)
•Familiarity with security hardening process as it relates to ICD 503.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.