The Software Engineering Manager (REMOTE) will provide leadership and management for a group of java and database developers in support of enterprise software applications. This includes understanding client mission and developing/overseeing the system/software architecture in the as-is state, developing a shared vision for the to-be architecture, providing technical leadership and daily management to support O&M and new development, establishing and enforcing SDLC and associated processes. This is a hands-on position and the technical lead will be expected to split their time between leadership/management/strategy, and hands-on code development. This position involves people management and technical management.
- Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components
- Estimate schedule and duration of development tasks
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements, data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Performs hands-on coding of technical solutions
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of software engineering other related disciplines to develop architectures, designs, and SDLC best practices
- Provides tasking, guidance, management, enforcement, and leadership to subordinates to perform Dev and O&M in accordance with established policies
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and projects
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact on contracts and projects
- Interacts with senior management and external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- 3+ years experience as a technical lead. This means you have experience designing a solution, tasking a team of developers/testers to implementation the solution, estimate solution implementation time for an entire project, deal with impediments whetjer people, technology, schedule, etc), establishing and enfircing processes and standards, etc.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with team members and management
- Expert in DevSecOps Concepts (CI/CD, test automation, etc/) Thorough understanding of the pipeline and how to progressively mature pipeline). You have experience implementing various aspects of the pipeline, and onboarding a team of developers to utilize it.
- Expert in SDLC best practices, implementation. You have experience onboarding and enforcing the SDLC with a team of developers.
- Expertise in application/infrastructure modernization, cloud migration.
- Understanding of the cloud and how to leverage the cloud to optimize performance, reliability, stability, underdstanding of security in the cloud, and cost/benefit of utilizing cloud technologies.
- Understanding of BI, Analytics, Data Management.
- Tech Skills Include:
- UNIX Shell Scripting
- Oracle triggers and stored procedures
- Oracle GoldenGate and Data Guard (data replication)
- Database structures (tables, procs, index, optimization)
- SOAP Web services
- REST Services
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.