Job ID: 2119682
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2022
Category: Business Development
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work:
Benefits: Click here
General Overview: Are you driven to excel as a proposal book boss and motivated to produce high-scoring content? If so, join the SAIC Proposal Development Center of Excellence. SAIC offers the opportunity to work as part of a collaborative team dedicated to high-quality proposal writing. SAIC proposal book bosses and writers work across technical capabilities and program teams, build strong relationships, and support diverse customer needs.This position is 100% remote Nationwide.
Position Description: The Proposal Writer/Book Boss collaborates with SAIC experts and team members to develop compliant, responsive, and compelling proposals in response to Federal Government solicitations.
Description of Duties:
· Owns proposal volumes, preparing, writing, guiding, reviewing, and delivering the complete volume and all deliverables and ensuring sections are compliant and compelling.
· Maintains a solid understanding of the RFP requirements for the volume and ensures compliance across assigned volumes, including the outline, narrative sections, graphics, and call-out boxes.
· Directs teams of writers, as needed, to develop sections within the volume.
· Develops, manages, and communicates the volume schedule, including internal and inchstone deadlines to meet proposal review and delivery deadlines.
· Oversees development of content plans/storyboards, content architecture plans, and/or annotated outlines.
· Manages risks to volume compliance, communicates gaps and needs, and works with the proposal manager, capture manager, and technical teams to escalate and address issues.
· Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates complex ideas into easily understandable text.
· Writes technical, management, resume, and/or past performance sections.
· Ensures that volumes achieve one voice and one message through iterative reviews and a final "one voice" revision of the entire volume at the end of the process.
· Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support writing activities.
· Provides training and guidance to junior writing staff and input into training content.
· Suggests, develops, maintains, and improves proposal writing processes, procedures, templates, toolsets, and repositories.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, History, Political Science, or related field
· Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and ten (10) years or more experience.
· 8+ years of experience working as a proposal writer responding to Federal Government solicitations
· Excellent writing skills and a firm understanding of the proposal writing process
· Experienced in analyzing and extracting requirements from Federal Government RFPs
· Ability to organize information throughout the proposal life cycle
· Strong work ethic and desire to excel and keep growing over time
· Demonstrated success writing technical, management, staffing, and other narrative sections and leading teams of writers to produce compelling proposal volumes
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.