SAIC is seeking a System Administrator to join our team in Huntsville, Alabama.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate will support Linux System Administration (SA) and Cybersecurity duties for a government Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) lab operating tactical HW in a Test and Analysis environment.
- Activities include lab infrastructure layout and design, installation of cables/equipment, network integration, operating system installation and necessary management and maintenance to sustain a classified Authority to Operate (ATO) for the lab facility.
- The selected candidate will primarily support the system administration of the lab’s Linux operating system environments (mostly CentOS), however the candidate may also support other operating system environments as well.
- The candidate will also support the Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes of Linux operating systems including periodic vulnerability scans, ensuring the Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) are applied periodically to maintain required cybersecurity posture and necessary documentation.
- The selected candidate will also support the lab’s services such as the domain controllers, group policy, active directory and account management for Linux systems.
- The selected candidate must possess a consistent self-starting attitude with the desire to learn and grow in their field.
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and zero (0) years or more expereince; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
Candidates must be able to obtain a full Secret clearance. Interim Secret clearance required to start.
- CompTIA Security+ certification required and must be maintained.
- Linux+ certification required and must be maintained.
- Red Hat/CentOS Strong working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Current STIG, .CLK and IA processing knowledge required
- Knowledge of the interworking’s for Linux Authentication against a Windows domain controller.
- Configuration and automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet
- Bash scripting, 2 Factor Authentication, and shared networks environment knowledge
- Automated OS installation
- Knowledge of the use and management of NetApp storage arrays
- Local YUM repo setup
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) or prior DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.