SAIC has an opening for a Chief Systems Engineer to support enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions for the modernization of the US Army located in Austin, Texas.
- Developing architectural framework using Unified Architecture Framework (UAF) for a large enterprise
- Leading a systems engineering team in collaboration and approval of engineering products through engineering reviews and engineering milestone events
- Working across multiple Offices and Organizations to identify and define needs
- Identifying and defining future capability and interoperability needs
- Identifying key architecture and system level trades
- Developing strategies in support of Department of Defense (DoD) architectures
- Assessing the performance of current and future architecture concepts
- Providing technical and programmatic guidance to the architecture and system level requirements process
- Develop architecture models to capture the holistic view of the enterprise
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) Degree, and nine (9) years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Proven experience with technical fundamentals in existing Army program (e.g. ground vehicles, air, missile defense, soldier systems)
- Experienced with use of architecting to support senior level enterprise decision making
- Proficient with architecture tools
- Architecture domain understanding from a holistic enterprise perspective
- Ability to recommend enterprise architecture tradeoffs, impacts, and advancement
- Proven experience in development and use of modeling for architecture solutions
- Full understanding of core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes
- Experience with lifecycle readiness from System Requirements Review through system decommissioning
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forums
- Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Working knowledge of the Request for Change (RFC) process and the Engineering Review Board process
- Knowledge of Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Experience in Cameo / No Magic product
- Prior experience in support of the US Army
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.